All's Well That Ends Well Part 1

A.N.: Happy New Year everyone! This is the part one of the final chapter of The Kippens, and it takes place during junior year prom. The second part skips forward to graduation.

It was really interesting to write a future Tyrus story. I really love the trope of fighting then reconciling years later, it seems.

I hope to have wrapped up everyone's story here. Without further ado, here's the last chapter!

A whirlwind of a year it's been. Transferring schools, reuniting with old friends, making new friends, and dating the guy I've loved for years... I wouldn't give any of it up.

I worked my way to co-captaincy near the end of the season, when we were undefeated. We kicked some serious ass in championships. Now that my co-captain's graduating, I get to take over as the only captain next year.

Andrew and Andi started dating a few months ago. I was always curious as to who my brother liked, because he never talked about it. But they met after Walker and Jonah got together, and they seriously clicked. She still feels like she has to justify that even though she's only dated guys, she's still pansexual. 

I remember that day when she came out to Iris, Amber, Marty, Cyrus, and Buffy:

We're all hanging out at the Quinn's home for a party. After Mrs. Quinn and Mr. Quinn started doing better financially, they decided to get a house. Andi's grandfather, Ham, passed away of a heart attack a few months after I left Shadyside, and the Quinn's didn't want to leave Andi's grandmother alone at the Mack residence. They decided to buy the house right next door, with a connecting backyard.

As usual, there's a game of Never Have I Ever. Those are pretty funny.

"Never have I ever... kissed a girl," Buffy says.

Iris, Amber, Marty, Cyrus, AJ, DJ, and I knock back a shot of ginger ale (the Quinn's are cool, but not that cool). They look at me and I shrug, "Sarah Campbell in 10th grade. It was a dare."

DJ gets the next look, and she laughs, "I'm bi. I've made out with a bunch of guys and girls."

AJ receives the final look and he gasps in mock exasperation, "I'm very much straight, thank you very much."

They laugh and turn back to the rest of the group. Unfortunately, we see Andi conflicted over taking a shot herself. She isn't paying attention when she finally does and looks up to see us all looking at her. 

"Andi?" Cyrus, Iris, and Buffy ask.

"You don't have to explain if you don't want to," Amber says, trying to reassure Andi.

Andi shakes her head, "I'm okay, Amber."

Buffy and Cyrus take her hands in support. I can see Amber fighting off the urge to support her. Andi takes a deep breath, "In 8th grade, Amber and I kissed."

Everyone looks at Amber, but don't say anything. Andi looks relieved and continues, "She thought there was potentially something that could happen between us and she kissed me. I told her it didn't feel like there was anything, and we moved on."

The others accept the explanation, but I know better. Buffy and Cyrus start to say something, but she stops them, "But I lied. It was the best kiss I ever had. It made me realize something that I tried to fight myself from understanding before, that I was pansexual."

The first thing that happens is the sound of guttural sobs. We look over to see Amber sobbing hard. Andi starts to talk, "Amber, I'm sorry-"