All's Well That Ends Well Part 2

A.N: The actual end of The Kippens is here! I said for like three chapters that it would be the penultimate chapter, but I knew there had to be more explaining. Then I realized that my original finale was already super long before even entering the time jump, so I split it into two chapters.

The dear characters we loved or hated when they were seventh graders in Seasons 1 and 2 of Andi Mack are now about to graduate high school. What's going to happen on the last day they're all together?

In just an hour, the rest of our lives were about to begin. It was a bright, sunny day in Shadyside when we all sat in the seats at John M. Grant Stadium (the founder of our school, also a huge fan of football. I think he owned the Patriots at one point or something). 

They've got us sitting in alphabetical order. Buffy's first within our group, then Muffin, Damian, Marty, Andrew, me, and finally Andi. Cy's the uncontested valedictorian, of course. Damian and Buffy are co-salutatorians. 

Watching the introductions, I think about Pasadena High's graduation that happened last week. It took hours of convincing and a lot of muffins to get Andrew to come. The two of them haven't spoken for a full year. Even at the graduation, Andrew went to go talk to his old friends rather than congratulate Danielle. 

Soon, Cyrus goes up to the podium, "Hey, class of 2023! We did it!"

The whole class cheers, me the loudest. He smiles and continues, "We started off as young innocents in a sea full of older kids. Throughout our years here, we have grown to become better versions of ourselves. Every single one of us here is sitting here today because we have grown from the freshmen that we were. And I truly feel honored to have spent high school with all of you."

He talks about some quote of some famous guy. I try my hardest to pay attention, but it's really boring. Even Cyrus admitted to me that he had to fight off yawns when he practiced. Apparently, it's Grant tradition for the valedictorian(s) and salutatorian(s) to quote some famous person and tie it back to our experiences in high school. So I don't feel bad for zoning out. I've got it on camera, anyways.

"So, it doesn't matter if you go to Shadyside Community College or Harvard University. Never feel inferior to anyone because they're going to attend a higher ranked university than you. It is your efforts that will help you succeed in the future. That being said, a wise woman said to me once told me that it's okay not to know who you are and what you want right away," he says. Buffy, Cyrus, and Andi all look at Bex with a smile, then he continues, "You might find yourself realizing that the major of your dreams isn't for you. And that's perfectly fine. You can switch majors, figure out what you want. Not everyone has it figured out from the beginning, and you don't have to be one of the people that do."

He pauses to catch his breath and continues, "When we walk across the stage, we're ending one chapter of our lives. Simultaneously, we start another, one full of possibilities and ideas we never dreamed of having. So don't forget who you are, because you are absolutely perfect, and remember you don't need to figure it all out just yet. Thank you."

I get up to give him a standing ovation, and the rest of the extended Good Hair Crew does the same. Cyrus blushes, embarassed, and sits down.

We begin our walk across the stage soon enough. Buffy goes first, "Buffy Angelique Driscoll, who will be attending Columbia University in the fall!"

"Cyrus Josiah Goodman, who will be attending Yale University in the fall!"

"Damian Maxwell Jones, who will be attending UC Berkeley in the fall!"

"Martin Alexander Jones, who will be attending New York University in the fall!"

"Andrew James Kippen, who will be attending Julliard in the fall!"