Chapter 1

Your POV:

The bell jingled as I saw my next customer walking in. I put on a fake smile and kindly greeted him.

"Good Morning, what would you like?", I asked the same question for the millionth time.

"I would like to have a chocolate cake and one regular Coffee please.", he answered after looking at the menu for a while and took out his wallet.

"That will be 634¥ please.", I responded patiently waiting for him to dig out his coins. (A/N: this doesn't take place in the Hunter x Hunter world, it takes place in Japan since I live there and I know some places lmao)

"Here you go.", he put the money on the counter and I gave him his change. "Please wait on the left while we prepare your order.", I say as I bow.

He thanked me and did as I told him while I took my next customers order.

During the day, I work in a very popular Coffee shop called "Cherry on Top". The entire store is cherry themed, the walls are red and there's a cherry aroma everywhere. It's actually just a small store for foreigners in the busy streets of Shibuya, so they wouldn't have to feel the pressure of not being able to understand what the worker says when ordering.

None of my hundreds of customers know who I actually am, and I'm glad that they don't. I'd be pretty panicked if any of them knew that I was the famous assassin "The Red Joker". My brother was "The Black Joker", we're basically partners in crime.

I couldn't wait for my shift to end so I could get on with my long list of victims. Hisoka would probably help me anyways.

The clock on the wall striked 7pm and I sighed in relief. I walked into the back room, bidding good bye to Chihiro who would cover the next shift.

I got out of my uniform and made my way home.

After a short 10min train ride I arrived in Toritsudaigaku and got off of the train and walked back to my apartment. I took my keys to open the door and was greeted by a card flying past me and getting stuck in the door.

"Hey Hisochan.", I called and pulled the card out. Joker, aww my favorite.

"Welcome home (y/n)chan.", he answered.

I followed his voice and entered the dimly lit living room. Hisoka was lying on a red leather couch watching yet another horror movie.

"So, did we get any requests?", I started a conversation as I sat down next to my brother. "Quite a few actually, 107 new emails.", he sighed turning off the television.

"Well let's look at them.", I said getting my laptop as he whined and pouted. "You're so childish.", I muttered.

"Hoe I'm young."

"Bitch you're 27."

"So what, you're 18."

"Yeah, but I'm still considered young."

Hisoka groaned as he sat up and we scanned the emails together.

"Look at that, there's Illumi. For 50.000¥? How low do they think of him? He's a fucking Zoldyck.", I laughed and Hisoka smirked as I denied the request.

We skimmed the emails as we saw numerous requests to kill the Zoldycks, the Phantom Troupe, and even each other. None of them really interested me.

"Oh, I like this one.", Hisoka said snapping me out of my thoughts. He pointed his long finger at the picture of a boy with black spiky hair.

"He looks so innocent, why would anyone want him killed? Not to mention it's Ging Freecss son, he should die first before anyone even touches his son.", I muttered. Hisoka glanced at me for a short moment before turning back to the laptop.

"I agree. He looks like a precious unripe fruit. I want to keep him alive for a bit."

"Look, that's Kurachan.", I said looking at the next email. "I wonder what he did to end on our list.", Hisoka smirked. "Hiso, we aren't accepting this, he's my best friend!", I exclaimed.

"But he knows both of our identities." "So what, we know his true intentions too. As long as we don't say anything, he won't either.", I pointed out clicking on 'Deny'. "Besides he's my first ever best friend. He's way too important to me.", I sighed.

"Not to mention that you like him."

"What?"

Hisoka looked at me with a glint in his eyes. "Honey I know everything, including that you have a picture of him under your pillow.", he smirked at me and I sighed in defeat.

"Fuck you Hisochan.", I pouted.

"Love you too.", he said playfully pecking my cheek.

We went through the list for another hour or two and we both settled for two new victims. Hisoka had chosen, one of my co workers Ogino Chihiro. The request was made by a high class assassin called Nigihayami Kohaku Nushi, which made me question why he didn't do it himself. Lazy much.

When I saw a request to have her killed i was extremely shocked. She seemed like such a nice person. Turned out that she hadn't really committed a crime, but years ago she visited the so called "Spirit World" and told others about it. And for that she must be eliminated.

Who did I chose? Turned out someone wanted Kohaku killed, so I considered the offer. It paid 550.000¥ and that's a lot so why not. If I complete this, I won't have to take requests for the next few months.

We accepted the two requests and waited for an answer.

Little did I know, that already at this point, someone had set a high price on me as well, and my assassin was watching me through the window.

----------
Hope you liked it, stay tuned for more!! :)