Chapter 5

Your POV:

I nervously stood in front of the restaurant. Haku was already seated at a table glancing at his watch from time to time.

Was I nervous? Yeah.

I took a deep breath and I pushed the door open. The bell above my head jingled which made Haku's head snap toward me. He gave me a warm smile as he waved me over.

As I was about to join him at the table, someone had enthusiastically called my name.

"(Y/n)!" I turned around and came face to face with a particular white haired assassin. What's he doing here?

"I'm sorry I didn't come by the café yesterday, I was busy with my mission.", he said winking at me. A slight blush made it's way up my cheeks but I ignored it.

I put a smile on my face as I lied: "Don't worry. I was quite busy myself."

"Who are you here with?", he asked me looking around the restaurant. We were still awkwardly standing at the entrance, and the people standing behind us urged us to finally go inside.

"I'm here with-"

"Haku."

I gasped as Haku came up behind me and lightly rested his hand on my hip. Killua looked at him shocked but his smile returned soon after.

"Hi I'm Killua.", he introduced himself as he held out his hand for Haku to shake. Instead of shaking his hand, Haku just nodded his head at him and led me to our table.

I watched as Killua was sat at a table for two. I wonder who he's here with.

••••••••••

It's been a while and Haku and I've been engaging in a casual conversation. He had quite an interesting life. Even though his voice was the most monotone one I've ever heard, his way of explaining his experiences really captured the moments perfectly. He'd make a good writer or poet.

As Haku drank his glass of wine, I stole a glance at Killua. He was still sitting alone and he held his head down, playing with the glass in front of him. It made my gut wrench seeing him like that.

"Hey Haku?", I asked. He hummed in response as his piercing eyes met mine. "Would it be okay for you if we invited my friend to sit with us? He's all alone over there."

Haku looked at Killua. His expression didn't change so I couldn't tell what he was thinking. Damn it's impossible to read him.

He heaved a sigh bevor he tightly smiled at me. "Sure."

I thanked him and stood up. Killua still seemed to be sulking when I reached his table.

"Killua?"

His head snapped up and he looked at me. "Yes?"

"Would you like to join our table? It's been almost an hour and I don't think whoever you were supposed to meet is going to show up.", I said, and if possible he looked even sadder.

"No it's fine. I think I'll just go home. I don't want to bother you.", he explained as he slowly pushed his chair back.

"Killua please. You haven't even eaten yet.", I explained.

"That doesn't matter. You're on a date and it would be inappropriate of me to join you guys.", he refused as he straightened out his buttoned up shirt.

I grabbed his hand and looked at him with begging eyes. He returned my gaze and his pale cheek reddened slightly. I smiled at that and said one more time: "Please Killua."

He sighed as he looked at the tips of his shoes messing up his fluffy hair in the progress. "Okay.", he finally agreed.

Killua and I returned to my table where Haku was quietly sipping his wine. We got an extra chair so Killua could comfortably sit with us.

It was extremely awkward at first, but we ended up having a pretty good time.

A few hours had passed and I decided it would be the right time to leave.

"I'll walk you home?", Haku proposed but I declined saying it wasn't that far from here.

Haku left in the opposite direction as I walked back to my home. Killua was with me since he lived in the same area. We talked a little bit. I was getting quite tired.

Soon we reached my house and Killua walked with me all the way.

"Thanks for walking me home.", I smiled at him which he returned.

"No problem.", he answered. "Well good night.", was all I could think of and I turned around to open the door.

"Wait."

I looked at Killua, and he seemed to be blushing again.

"I know it's weird since you just were on a date with a different guy, but would you like to go out with me some time?"

----------
sorry for not updating in so long ): finally some killua x reader moments yay