one

────── THIRD YEAR

────── THIRD YEAR

Charlie snuck into the Forbidden Forest, convinced that he could catch a dragon in there. Bill reluctantly accompanied him so his little brother would not have to face such dangerous creatures on his own.

"Is that a centaur?" Charlie asked.

Charlie began walking forward.

"Um - Charlie, I don't think - "

"Hello, my name is Charlie Weasley," he announced. "I want to work with dragons in the future. What's your name?"

The centaur froze, then slowly turned around and looked at Charlie in scrutiny. He looked him up and down and snorted. "My name is Torvus. You will surely die in the future with that small body of yours. You must fatten up if you want to take care of dragons. They are dangerous creatures."

"Don't you think my mum's be trying to do that since I was born?" Charlie asked.

"I like you," Torvus said. "You must come sit next to me. Who is next to you?"

"That's my brother, Bill. He wants to become a Curse Breaker."

Torvus nodded. "He looks fat enough to break curses. Yes, he is going to do well."

Bill and Charlie sat down by Torvus's hooves.

"What are you two doing out here?"

"Charlie is convinced he can find a dragon egg out here," Bill said.

"Ha!" Torvus exclaimed. "Dragon egg. If you're lucky, then perhaps, but it is not likely."

"Are you as wise as you sound?" Charlie asked.

"Very. I can answer any question."

"Will I ever take care of dragons?"

"Pass."

Charlie snorted. "That doesn't sound like you know everything."

"Will I ever get a girlfriend?" Bill asked.

Torvus looked at him. "Hmm... Not too shabby. Yes, you will."

"What about me?" Charlie asked.

"If you get fatter."

"Charlie has his eyes out on this girl, but he's too chicken. She likes dragons too," Bill said.

"Ah - you two share the love of dragons. Is she fat?" Torvus asked.

"No! She's not...fat," Charlie whispered. "Mum says that's like a curse word - that we shouldn't say it to women."

"You should court her, yes," Torvus said. "There is no harm in doing so."