twenty-three

Marley had disappeared overnight

Marley had disappeared overnight. There was no trace of him. His windows were open, but all his belongings were intact. Miriam was worried about him after he didn't show up for work for two days. When she broke into his hut after he didn't answer, she was terrified at how cold and quiet it was.

That was two months ago.

It was on August 1, 1997, where Charlie and Miriam returned to the Burrow for Bill's wedding. He was to be wedded to Fleur Delacour. Charlie was to serve as best man at the wedding. His family had no idea he was bringing Miriam as his date.

Miriam was madly nervous about going. She wasn't sure how his siblings would react. She remembered each and every one of them. Her least favorite sibling was Ron because of how rude and stupid he could be. She knew Percy since he was young. He wasn't as power-hungry when he was younger, so she found it easy to talk to him.

"Merlin, I'm nervous," she whispered.

Charlie smiled at her briefly before taking her hand. "Don't barf after we Apparate."

"Not funny."

Charlie knocked on the door to the Burrow. The door immediately opened and short arms shot out and dragged him in for a hug.

"Oh - how I've missed you, my boy!" Molly exclaimed.

"Mum - "

Molly gasped. "Miriam! Merlin, how - what - why - "

Miriam smiled reassuringly. "Me and Charlie have patched things up. I work in Romania now."

"And Ukraine?"

"I've left permanently now."

"Thank Merlin," Molly whispered.

"Mum!" Charlie exclaimed.

"Oh - hush. No one wants to hear your voice. I want to hear all about Miriam."

Charlie pouted.

"Come on in, dear," Molly said to Miriam. "I've so much to tell you about that disgusting bride."

"Mum, that's rude!" Charlie exclaimed.

"Even your sister agrees with me, so hush."