ten

Marley Montgomery, a 22-year-old graduate of Ilvermorny, was the assistant to Miriam

Marley Montgomery, a 22-year-old graduate of Ilvermorny, was the assistant to Miriam. He loved dragons, but he was too scared to get near them. Miriam was helping him get over his fear, while he was helping her with daily tasks.

He first started out as her assistant when he was twenty. He worked as a stable boy at the sanctuary right after he graduated from Ilvermorny as a Horned Serpent for two years until Miriam took him under her wing. Before he even knew it, he fell in love with her. He appreciated everything she did for him. Marley was an orphan. He lived with his aunt and uncle. He was a Pure-Blood wizard.

As Miriam kept taking care of Neel, Neel eventually warmed up to Marley as well. Neel saw the young boy following Miriam everywhere and he could smell the hormones coming from him.

Neel snorted smoke out of his nostrils as Miriam lifted up a mooing cow with her magic.

"I don't know why you insist on playing with your food," Miriam ranted. "Best to just put it out of its misery. Poor cow. I'm sure it was at least hoping for a prettier dragon, like Grandeeney. Have you seen her magnificent white and blue color?"

Neel growled quietly and stepped forward angrily, making the ground rumble. The cow mooed in distress as Miriam tried to find her balance. She rolled her eyes and threw the cow at Neel. He caught it in his mouth, chomping down on it.

Miriam scoffed. "Honestly. What a jealous dragon. You are madly annoying sometimes."

"Um - Miriam? Mr. Babyak is calling for you," Marley said as he poked his head into the enclosure.

"Oh - thank you, Marley! Gotta go, Neel. I'll be back."

Neel snorted again and followed her as she walked to the gate. Miriam turned around and laughed.

"Neel, you can't come out with me. We've talked about this."

He rolled his eyes and got down on his belly, tucking his head between his front limbs. Miriam sighed, walking back to rub his snout.

"I won't be long."