Balance/One without the other

Prompt #1- Balance/One without the other: In certain cases, in order for something to happen something else must be present to make it work, balance. For example you can't have (fill in) without (fill in), and what if the case had been true for the "wishing stone".

__________________________

AN: Hello lovey readers, this is the first one shot in my 365 day prompts for Gerda and Rollan from the Snow Queen franchise. I know I am in need to finish my remake of the third movie, and I am sorry to all those waiting for it I have just honestly lost inspiration for it. I do greatly adore the ship but with how the third movie ended my heart broke and I had a hard time going on. But with the fourth movie coming out which will have Rollan in it-good again-I have gotten back into the groove of it and decided to make this along with other prompts since I love them so much. The focus will be on Gerda and Rollan but feature characters from the franchise and other ships as well. I am accepting prompt requests, comment a prompt you want and a little summary to go along with it if you want a certain thing to happen. At the moment the prompts will be au's or focus on the third movie, but once the fourth comes out expect many prompts of that. Without further ado, on with the show.

__________________________ 

Gerda truly wasn't in good shape, her breathing is very ragged, she is dragging her feet very heavily even with Rollan helping her, and she seemed to be getting paler and paler, making her look rather sickly even in the dark tower. She also felt extremely cold, in truth since the Snow Queen possessed her she felt cold but at this point she was starting to lose feeling in herself. The only thing keeping her warm is Rollan right next to her practically dragging her at this point. She really wanted to sleep right now, she has been awake for nearly a whole day, and without really eating and the cold she was just about ready to but knew she had to get the Snow Queen out of her and the Fire King out of Rollan, then she could rest.

Rollan watched her the whole walk to the tower, as she seemed to be getting slightly heavier with each step, her energy surely leaving her with all they have done. They were almost at the orb, only 20 or so feet away, Rollan knowing what he needed and wanted to do. He would allow Gerda to revert back to her normal self, that was part of the plan all along so when his powers completely activated he would be unstoppable. But also he hated seeing her in such a pained state, as much as he wants to be super, seeing the girl he is falling for in pain breaks his heart.

Now at their destination, the spaniard carefully let go of the girl making sure she could stand on her own before walking over to the other side of the orb. It took the girl a second to get her bearings but once she did she looked up to her companion, he gave her a look that said to go ahead, she closed her eyes as she did earlier.

"Pacham, bonis, venis." She recited and with closed eyes, this making her unaware of Rollan slowly lifting his hand an inch or so away so he was no longer touching the orb. From the top of the tower shot down a beam of blinding light into the orb. Gerda could feel it when it hit and affecting the magic now in her, but after a moment it disappeared and Gerda felt the same, she slowly opened her eyes to see she was still in her Snow Queen form. Before she could even examine Rollan she lost all feeling in her legs and collapsed onto the floor.

"Gerda!" Rollan exclaimed, hurrying to the girl. He caught her head before it could fall to the floor, resting it against his chest. She felt so cold, he could feel it seeping into him which scared him. Since being possessed he couldn't feel cold at all, except for when Gerda threw that water on him but other than that nothing. He concentrated enough to use his powers to allow heat to come from him-not in fire form but just so one near him could feel warm-rolling off in waves to hopefully help heat her even just a little.

"What went wrong?" She asked, her voice cracking as she did, trying to hold back tears and failing. Right after they left her eyes the solidified into ice, and with being pressed into her fire companion when they fell on him they immediately melted. He hugged her tighter to himself, wondering as well just what went wrong. Her powers should have been able to return, she did everything correctly, but that's when he realized she did nothing wrong.