Nightmares

Prompt #12- Nightmares: Everyone gets nightmares, especially after a traumatic event and can last long after. What's important is how one deals with it, and sometimes it helps when one you love is there for you.

__________________________

AN: Hello lovey readers, late again, sorry, today I went shopping with my mother so that took up a good chunk of my day. This prompt goes along with the last two in a sense, this one slightly sadder but on my mind. This one is more placed in the movie verse and reading will help explain why. Without further ado, on with the show.

__________________________

"You can't do this! You can't!" The blonde pleaded, tears streaming down her face. The boy standing across from her simply laughed evilly.

"But I can, and there is nothing you can do to stop me." He replied menacingly, he then raised his arms, the sound of lava flowing around them. Gerda could feel the heat all around her, and before she knew it, a wave came crashing at her. All she could do is scream and raise her arms in protection, knowing nothing would come of it.

"AAHH!" She screamed, bolting up right with tears streaming down her face and breathing heavily. And along with her outburst, awoke her boyfriend beside her who instantly wrapped his arms around the girl and pulled her to his chest. She weeped into him, wetting the shirt he wore but he could care less about it, all his focus on her.

This isn't the first time she has awoken from night terrors like this, some nights she was able to sleep peacefully but others are like this. He knew there wasn't much he could do, but simply hold her and assure her that he is there for her, he is good, and won't turn.

"I'm here, it was only a bad dream, I promise. Don't worry too much about it, it will be alright. I promise." He soothed, gently rocking them. She nodding in his chest in understanding but still continued to wept.

She knew it was all in her head, just her imagination, but that didn't make the fact that it almost happened any less terrifying. But she also knew that within this moment that he is with her, and he is not evil. That is all that matters, this moment.

__________________________

AN: Definitely on the sadder side. And short again, I promise I will attempt to make the next one longer. I have been busy lately as stated and I do have midterms. But Young Justice season 3 is out and I have been so happy and excited and loving it so far, YEE!!! The next prompt I am not giving an indication, as I don't even know myself. Enjoy and have a snowy day, continue reading!!