"I'm not gay"

Aj Lee

I couldn't stop thinking about what Dean said yesterday, it was out of the blue and so unexpected. I saw Dean in a whole new light, a warm light. So many thoughts ran through my head not only about Dean but about Alexa, Alexa and Finn.

"Maybe you should try to see someone else, Alexa doesn't seem to be leaving Dean anytime soon." I spoke up interrupting Finn's venting. Poor Finn doesn't know what to do, with his feelings and about his family especially. "She doesn't love him April, I know it. I see it!" Becky pulled him into a hug and whispered something to him.

"I do NOT have a thing for blondes Becky." He mumbled. As we all shared a moment of laughter Becky shifted her attention to me. "What's wrong with you? You're extra quiet tonight." Becky asked me as Finn sat up in his spot. "It's nothing just a felt so out of place today. I got so many.. weird compliments but I don't feel like myself." I played with hands and hoped they wouldn't ask anything more.

Becky shrugged her shoulders. "Well, I just think you should know, I know someone who has a crush on you." She said with a huge smile on her face.

I could feel every single ounce of blood rush to my face. "I'm sorry- what?" A crush? On me?

"Nope, no way." Finn crossed his arms and gave me a look. "You're way too young."

"C'mon Finn, don't be like that." Becky said as she slapped his arm playfully. "He's had his eye on you for awhile. It's cute he was talking to me about you not knowing I actually knew you." She laughed. "I can't tell you who he is though, I promised."

"Then what's the point in telling me??" I asked trying to hide my face as much as I could. "You know, it doesn't matter actually because men are icky and have cooties and just make you cry."

"So is that your intake on all guys? Or is there one in specific?" Seth's voice startled the group. "Uh-" I was speechless, how much did he hear?

"How long have you been standing there weirdo?" Becky asked as politely as she could. "You weren't invited." She scoffed.

"Red, you do realize you're in a cafeteria right? Surrounded by hundreds of more students who probably heard your entire conversation." Seth sounded a little upset with Becky's comment.

"Jesus, you can feel the sexual tension." Finn said as he got up and left the booth we were in. "I'll be back."

"Soo." I started trying to move on from Finns uncomfortable comment. "Do you wanna join us Set- Ow!"

"I'm sorry was that your foot?" Becky stared me down from across the booth. I looked up and Seth and couldn't form to say anything. "It's okay, I was leaving-"

"Actually! I have somewhere to be so you stay with April." Becky said as she got up. "So you kicked me for nothing." She nodded happily.

"Oh," she turned to Seth before walking away. "If you ever- want to hang out, hit me up."