The Beauty Inside

Aj Lee

This morning was going to be different.

Or at least that's what I'm telling myself, I couldn't help the fighting going in my home. But I could change my routine for the morning.

I woke up a whole thirty minutes earlier than usual, I curled my hair, applied very light makeup. The conversation I had with Finn yesterday made me realize it was time for a change, not for anyone but for myself. I finished getting ready with a light pink shimmer lip gloss.

I felt and looked great. For the first time I was confident in the way I looked. I heard my phone go off and noticed it was a message from Finn.

       Finn <3 :
               I'll be there in five minutes (:

I decided to wait for him outside, that way it was quicker to leave my house. The more time passed I started to feel uncomfortable and insecure with my outfit. I was wearing shorts and simple (girly) top.

"I'm so glad I shaved my legs today." I mumbled realizing how much leg I was exposing. As Finn's car was pulling up, I made my way to the sidewalk and waited for him to come to a stop.

"Good morning." I mumbled as I got in his car. "Morning sweetheart, you look.." he trailed off. He was mainly looking down at my legs. "That's a lot of leg don't you think miss?"

I laughed assuming he was joking. "What?" He asked looking directly at me now. "You know what, I have some sweat pants in the back that you can borrow if you want." He said reaching for a bag.

"What, no Finn." I giggled grabbing his arm. "We're gonna be late, come on."

"I'm just trying to protect you April." Finn said as he drove towards the school. "It's not like anyone is going to notice Finn, I just wanted to try something different." I proudly said with a smile.

"Trust me, guys will notice." He mumbled.

•••

When we arrived to the school we noticed a lot of people were hanging out in the parking lot. "This is why I like coming earlier, I just hate seeing people." Finn said as he got out. "They're all huddled, you think something happened?"

Some people were staring at Finn and I as we walked towards them. Finn, being protective put his arm around my shoulders and continued walking towards Finn's boys.

"Just rumors about some cat fight." One of his boys spoke. Cat fight.. please.

I looked around the huge groups of anticipated teens and saw Emma, along with her groups of friends. They all seemed to have had their hair up and Emma was pacing back and forth.

"Yeah, but this one might interest you Balor. Since it's gotta deal with Miss Bliss." One of his friends said. I looked over to see Finns reaction and I couldn't tell what he was thinking.

"Don't understand why she would interest me."

Finn swore he was fine with Alexa but we both knew that was a lie. "Let me guess, over Dean?" Becky asked surprising the group.

Becky was practically family of Finns, we've hanged out a couple of times but never really gotten to know her. "Ah! Speak of the devil." She said nodding towards the entrance of the school.