Prologue

Dipper stared out the bus window, counting trees as he waited for the sign for Gravity Falls to come into view. It'd been almost five years since their return, having not come back when they were fourteen. It was bittersweet, in a sense, coming back, seeing his old friends. Mabel was less enthused.

  Her shoulder length hair was neat and curly, and her braces were nowhere to be seen. Dipper, on the other hand, had the sides of his head shaved with his hair curled on top. His hat had long since left the picture and he now showed off his birthmark freely.

  The twins attire was also long gone from what it once was, dipper wearing black sweatpants and a loose street style hoodie, and Mabel with ripped jeans and a tight crop-top.

  Both of their heights had doubled just about, though Dipper was at least four inches ahead of her now. Mabel sat with her legs crossed, reading a book on ancient spells. 

  The bus pulled to a halt, letting them know it was time to go. Wearily standing up they grabbed their bags and exited the bus. Stan and Ford along with Soos and his wife and kids stood to wait for them. They tried the reach for the twins bags, which Dipper accepted and Mabel just casually brushed off.

  He noticed the pained expression brought to their grunkles faces, though, he didn't care. They'd grown cold together, after all, the twins do almost everything together.

  He caught up to her, taking the suitcase from her hands. He put it into the trunk then ran over and opened the door for his sister. Piling into the car, they left for the mystery shack, the place they used to think of as home. Now Gravity Falls was empty, hallow, the joy had been sucked from it and nightmares of being there remained.

  Weirdmageddon. Weirdmageddon is what ruined it all. They might have never grown up if it hadn't existed, never saw hate for what they once loved. Or at least Mabel wouldn't of, because deep, deep down, Dipper still loved everything about Gravity Falls.

  The car started and their grunkles pulled them away from the bus stop. Mabel whispered into Dipper's ear about how much she hated this, but he just nodded and went back to counting trees.

  Eventually, the car stopped, leaving them parked in front of the mystery shack. They all got out and grabbed the suitcases from the trunk, words were lost into nothingness. 

  The younger twins headed straight towards separate rooms, now too old to share. Dipper got the room that used to be Soos's break room and Mabel got the attic. 

  Dipper put down his bags onto the floor, looking around. The room hadn't changed much other then a queen sized bed pressed against the wall with a nightstand and a lamp.

  He kneeled down and got out his toothbrush and paste. The bathroom was open at the moment so he brushed his teeth and took a shower. He wrapped the towel around his waist and stepped out with his hair dripping onto his bare chest.

  He was different in personality and stature. While Mabel stopped learning to fight and became feminine he did the exact opposite. He now held a muscular build with a tattoo on his chest he had gotten without his parent's knowledge.

  The tattoo was the very pentagram that they had almost defeated Bill with. It wasn't a tattoo used for a fond memory it was a reminder of how wrong things could go. How wrong things went.

  After putting his stuff into its proper place he walked out to get pajamas. All pajamas really were though was a pair of plaid pants and maybe a shirt.

  Mabel came trotting downstairs and threw one of her shoes at him, "How many times do I have to tell you to put on clothes before leaving the bathroom!"

  "Yeah, yeah complain to my assistant."

  She rolled her eyes, "I'm making dinner tonight so get your ass into some actual clothes."

  He rolled his eyes and started walking towards his room again. He closed and locked the door behind him laughing to himself. She must've gotten in touch with Grenda and Candy otherwise she would've done much more than throw a shoe and say 'ass'.

  Dipper put on his clothes and ruffled his damp hair. The room was bigger then what he was used to so he needed to fill it up with things. What those things would be he'd decide later, right now he was going to eat dinner.

|| Yeet, prologue up. Hope you enjoy what I've got so far, chapter one will be up in at least a week. ||