{4}Stole You Back{4}

Mabel snapped her fingers and a ladder plopped down onto the window sill of the room her brother was being held in. She smirked at Gideon who just grumbled under his breath. He dug into his pocket and put a ten dollar bill into her hand.

  The teens steadied the latter so Ford could get up easier. Wendy followed after Ford and some rustling was heard from above.

  A few moments later Ford and Wendy slowly lowered the sleeping teen to the ground. Gideon was up and he hoisted the sleeping Dipper onto his back. Once Wendy and Ford got down they ran back to their entry point. A flash of red came from the room Dipper was being held in, signaling Bill had noticed, so they started running faster.

  Mabel smiled when she noticed the small Bill Cipher tattoo on Dipper's wrist fade and then disappear. The deal was broken, she didn't know how, she didn't know why, but it was and she was so glad.

  They stepped out of the dreamscape and back into their own reality.

  After quickly closing the portal they had opened everyone let go of breath they didn't know they had been holding.

  Gideon dropped Dipper onto the couch and smiled, "Well looks like we did it."

  "Yeah, but you guys can't leave", Ford stated matter-of-factly.

  "Why not?"

  "This is the only place in town that's protected from Bill and I don't think you want him to find you", Mabel hummed.

  They all looked at each other then looked away.

  "Okay", Pacifica sighed, "it's just like one big sleepover."

  "I'll call Robbie and tell him that I won't be home then."

  Gideon just sighed and sat down onto the couch beside where Dipper was sleeping. Mabel gave him a curious look then directed her attention towards Pacifica, "Wanna go to my room?"

  "Y...Yeah, sure!"

  Mabel and Pacifica proceeded to walk up the stairs and talk. Wendy followed them knowingly leaving Ford, Dipper, and Gideon alone in the living room.

  Ford looked around, "Stan must be out, I'll go find him and bring him home."

  Ford walked out of the room, leaving Dipper and Gideon alone on the couch.

  "Well, my darling since everyone else is gone and doing their own thing I think I'll go ahead home."

  Gideon sighed and snapped his fingers twice into Dippers face. This action made the teen wake up and sprawl down onto the floor. He looked around in confusion.

  "You're at the Mystery Shack, my home, I saved you from Bill and that woman called Mabel", he lied, "but I don't know how long I can fend them off."

  "But isn't Bill the one who saved me?"

  Gideon shook his head, "No, oh no, he wiped your memories."

  "My memories?"

  "You're my boyfriend we started this shack together when we were 15."

  "I...I don't remember?"

  "You poor thing what did he want with you?"

  Gideon rested his hand onto Dipper's cheek and slowly leaned forward.

  "More like what do you want from him", a static voice hummed from the doorway.

  "That's not possible!"

  "You see I don't apply by the rules of possibility."

  Bill stood tall in a yellow and black suit. His face held a small grin as he walked over.

  Gideon had removed his hand from Dipper's face and maneuvered so he was practically sitting in his lap.

  "Now give me back my Pinetree", Bill said in an eerily calm voice.

  "He's a special flower I want to have to myself and I will", Gideon yelled moving a knife up to the wide-eyed boy's throat. The girls had long since started running down the stairs and were now standing at the doorway.

  The room was flowing with tension and every breath was slow and careful. Gideon had his other hand up slowly running his hand through Dipper's hair. His dangerous smile got wider as he pressed lightly for a trickle of red to fall down the terrified teen's neck.

  Bill narrowed his eyes, his suit and hair tinting red before snapping back to yellow.

  The girls didn't move a muscle still, they were afraid.

  Dipper looked at them with a pleading face. He was scared for the first time since he was 12. This scared Mabel. Dipper was supposed to be the strong one.

  Pacifica squeezed her arm lightly, letting her know she was there for her, letting her feel okay. Wendy had her hands hovering over the back of both their shirts just in case she had to pull them back quickly. Who knew how south this could go.

  Bill snapped his fingers sending everyone in a temporary state of shock. A pair of scissors landed in his hands and he snipped at nothing.

  "The airs thick enough to cut in here", he drawled, "How about you put that knife up and not die today?"

  Gideon laughed, throwing his head back onto Dipper's shoulder, "He may be special but I'll still kill him demon!"

  Bill narrowed his eye, "You really don't wanna make me mad kid."

  The knife was pressed harder making Dipper wince and lean back. Gideon yanked his hair forward making the knife go a small bit deeper into his skin. Dipper tried not to make a sound but in doing that he coughed out a strangled scream, breaking their hearts more.

  Gideon got up and twirled around him so he was sitting behind the arm of the couch with his knife still against Dipper. Bill sighed, "Guess I've been defeated."

  He turned around and left the room.

  Everyone saw it coming.

  Everyone but Gideon.

  Bill walked through the door.

  He appeared behind Gideon.

  Gideon was dead.

  It happened so fast that the only way you could watch it in any detail was to record it and slow it down.

  All they knew was that one second Gideon was alive and the next he was lying in a pool of his own blood with his neck barely even attached.

  Dipper was the first to react, to scream, to cower. He was the first to stumble back with eyes wide. He was the first to cry.

  The girls didn't react at first. At first, they were just stunned completely. Then Mabel squeaked and buried her face into Pacifica's shoulder. Wendy reacted next by yanking the girls by the shirt, successfully putting herself in front of them.

  Pacifica though, she didn't react, she didn't do anything. She just wrapped her arms around Mabel and comforted her. Comfort was all she was able to give right now.

  Bill walked over to Dipper, grabbing his chin and lifting his face to him, "My, my, my what a mess you're covered in blood."

  Dipper winced, trying to pull back from the demon's grasp. His eyes looked up pleadingly, "Please just go away."

  Bill smirked and leaned down, whispering into the boy's ear, "But the fun's just getting started."