twenty - eight

*Y/N's POV*
as we walked out from the elevator, the woman next to me gestured to the gold lined wooden door.

"i'll take it from here." i uttered as we reached in front of the ceo's room.

"as you please. if you need anything, just call my number." she bowed to me and start to walk away.

i bit my bottom lip as i slowly hug the doorknob with my palm, inhaling and exhaling steadily to relax my jumping heart inside my ribcage.

you can do this, you're just meeting him.. he's no one but your patient...

determined, i knocked the door three times before turning the knob and pushing the wooded plank slowly.

my mouth uttered as the sight of a luxurious room caught my eyes.

"jeon j-jungkook-ssi." i gulped as i call his name.

be professional, (y/n).

i exhaled and stood straight, relaxing myself.

"jeon jungkook-ssi." i start to walk deeper into the room, only to find the room empty.

"maybe he's in the bathroom?" i made sure one more time that he's totally not inside his office.

i start to put out my phone and dialed hani's number.

"hi, sorry for bothering but, i want to make sure that jeon jungkook actually came to the company today." i talked to the phone.

"you're not bothering, it's okay. is jungkook-ssi not inside? he should be, but let me check." the person from the other line talked.

"sure." i replied as i opened my bag and searched for things, making sure i have everything i need for the appointment.

"he did not fill the attendance this morning, that's odd. i'm coming there, please wait." hani spoke after a few seconds, before cutting the line.

a few minutes later..

the sound of door knocks start to ring in my head, followed by the door opening.

"doctor." she bowed.

i nodded and smiled at her. "anything you want to tell me?"

"jungkook rarely skip work, it's so weird. plus he's been expecting to meet a doctor from forever, and he's informed that he'll be meeting one today so it's impossible for him to ditch work today." she exclaimed.

i furrowed my eyebrows as thoughts start to rush in my mind.

"something's wrong. can you take me to his house?" i plead to her in worry.

"why?" she asked.

"please trust me."

"i don't think the president would like the idea—" i cutted her when she mentioned jungkook's father.

"it's okay, i'll inform him myself." i opened my purse and search for my phone.

she stayed quiet, before implying.
"i..i'll prepare the car."
she bowed quickly before leaving the room.

"annyeonghaseyo.. president-nim.." i called jungkook's father as i prepare to leave the room.

"oh, (y/n)-ah! what's going on?" he chuckled from the other line.

"i would like to ask your permission for me to visit jungkook's house."

"jungkook? of course, you are his personal doctor, it's your home now."