0.1 Team Effort

The silverette clicked her tongue, as she swung her keys around in her hand. Her boots clicking in the echoes of the night.

Gotham City was still, which was strange. She arrived to her destination, a book store. She entered waving at the boy on the counter.

"Sup, got anything for me, Yorkie?" She asked, smirking at the displeased boy.

"Haha, very funny. No, but we do have something on what you were researching the other night. Here." He groaned, placing the books on the counter.

"Speaking of, what's your obsession about gods and goddesses and stuff? I mean you spend hour on end here searching for something but then you storm out. Always mumbling about how much bullshit the books spew." He said. The silverette glared. Taking the books and pulling them into her bag.

"Look, mind your business. Thanks for the books. See ya next week...yorkie." She teased, waving at the city boy. He frowned. He chuckled as she exited the store. She walked to her motorcycle, which was near an alley way. Placing her book bag into the storage compartment, she was unaware of the woman who was begging for help.

"Help! Someone! Help!!!" Her eyes shot up as she focused on the voice. She teleported near by, she approached the insect looking spector who was attempting to devour the struggling woman.

"Hey, dickbag! Choose someone your own size!" They creature swung around as it began to swing at her. She dodged the attacks wiling her sword into the monster. Green goo slobbered on her hands. She cringed, gagging at the texture.

"That's disgusting." She rubbed her hands against her jeans, rushing to the woman. She helped her up, noticing the woman was no longer conscious. She muttered words under her breath as a warm light hovered over the woman's injuries as they closed.

"I've been meaning to talk to you." A voice rang. The silver haired heroine jumped. She placed her hand over her heart.

"My god. You scared the shit out of me- Oh you've got to be shitting me... I have already talked to you about this. I'm not joining your tea party. I'm not trying to get killed." She retorted to the shadow. She kept her hands on her hips.

"Look, something is coming and I need people like you on a team. If not, there are gonna be more people you have to heal. So please, help me." The man said. She sighed, as she wiped the goo off her blade on her sleeve.

"Fine, just fair warning, I don't play well with others. I tend to bite. Oh and if I die, it's on you Bruce Wayne." She growled. The man nodded as they walked to the side walk.

"Meet me tomorrow at noon, we have to talk." He said, climbing into a Bugatti. She nodded, already knowing where he meant.

"Está mañana, Fangy" She teased. He glared as she smirked climbing into her one seated vehicle. She roared her engine and sped off into the night. Letting darkness consume her silk like hair, and the wind caress her skin

•••
The heroine walked into the large building, passing the lobby and directing herself to the elevator. She pressed on the button with the number 12 on it. She was occupied with the texts on her phone.

13 unread messages, 4 missed calls from Yanni🤘🏻

"Well shit" She murmured. The elevator dinged, she made her way to her flat. The silverette arrived to her door noticing the door unlocked.

"Well, shit..." She said, her demeanor changing. She slowly walked into her home as she stayed on guard, she approached with caution when a red haired girl jumped from the couch.

"Tempest! Finally, took a long ass time. I called you and texted you but you didn't pick up. Tempest sighed, her tense muscles relaxing.

"Jesus Yanni! I almost punched you in the face, sometimes you need to, wait outside like a normal person. So what's up?" She asked her flamed hair friend, placing her belongings onto her marble counter.