Chapter Seven: Stay

"So," Hagoromo began speaking as he was leading her thought the huge corridors, making the girl even more stressed. "How are things going on the Moon? It's been so long since I was last in touch with Hamura." 

"..."

If only she knew... But she didn't even know how it was possible for them to live on the Moon... For a girl like her that had had no other home than the Earth it seemed somehow far-fetched... She was now really interested in knowing how they were living out there. Anyway, she would probably never know... And for now she just hap to keep lying and sound as natural as possible. 

"Nothing abnormal to signal. Everything is going fine." 

Hagoromo stared at Nanami before smiling. 

"Good. I presume this is useless for me to worry for Hamura. I've always known he would be a good leader."

Nanami shyly nodded and looked down. She was still afraid he might discover the truth sooner or later. 

"Don't be so shy. I am not going to harm you or anything." 

How ironical. He wouldn't be saying the same thing if he knew who she really was. 

"You're here at home. So please make yourself comfortable." 

"I will try to." 

The sage smiled at her softly. She was nothing like his own children in terms of personality. She looked so innocent. Yet, there was something strange about her. He seemed to him he could feel a sort of demonic chakra inside her. But that was only an impression. That's partly why he wanted her to stay here. 

"Well, I guess I can show you around now." He said as they kept walking. "It shouldn't take too long." 

***

Hagoromo had shown all of the house to Nanami by now except from two rooms: Asura's and Indra's and the one in which she was supposed to stay, according to what Hagoromo had implied at least. But the girl was skeptical about it. It could be dangerous. She'd better go back home to tell her brother everything. She really should have gone when she could have earlier. She didn't want to do something her brother didn't approve of. And even if he were to approve of that she needed to hear it from him. 

"And this is the room where you will be staying." Hagoromo said as he led her to a plain but big room. 

However as he opened the door he saw the room empty and that no bed had been prepared for her. 

"Wait for me here. I will be back soon." He told Nanami softly as he made his way to his sons' room. 

He knocked on the door lightly before opening it. 

"Ashura? Indra?" He called them but noticed them immediately. He scanned the boys' room and could see that a third bed had been prepared. 

"What is that?" He said as he gestured at the bed. 

"Well, since Nanami is our cousin we thought she could sleep in the same room as us." Ashura said, a small smile on his face. "It would be more welcoming. I mean it's not as if she were just some guest at our house." He added, trying to justify his acts. 

"I understand Ashura but she's not a boy like you and Indra. She remains a girl. And I think she needs some privacy."

"I know but she's not just any girl. She's our cousin. It's family. So there's nothing wrong with that." Ashura insisted with a now sad face. 

His father held back a sigh. He should have expected that from his youngest son. He could perfectly understand his kind gesture. It's not as if his son were ill-intentioned. But still. Nanami would certainly be even more ill-at-ease at the idea.