Chapter Ten: What Is Love?

Several days had passed since the incident and things were going pretty well so far. Nanami still remained careful with the words she used and her behavior, being always so secretive and mysterious. Indra was still intrigued by her. They were from the same family, yet they did not know that much about her.

"So tell us more about you! We want to know!" Ashura exclaimed excitedly one night as he couldn't sleep.

Indra wasn't sleeping either. He was sat on his bed with his legs crossed, studying some scroll, and turning his back to them.

But what could Nanami say? There was nothing interesting about her life. And she couldn't make up an imaginary life on a planet where she had never gone.

She had come to realize that she didn't like to lie that much.

Why did Ashura have to be so curious?

"What would you like to know exactly?" Nanami asked him in return as an attempt to gain some time to think more.

"Everything! How your family is, your home, what you like, don't like, you know!"

"...."

Great.

And that's when she remembered that she had told Ashura that her parents were dead before she met Hagoromo and that he mistook her for his brother's daughter....

But Ashura didn't even seem to remember that she had told him that. Fortunately she hadn't told that to Indra. Otherwise he would have certainly remembered and pointed that out to his father and then asked for a good explanation...

But... Ashura really seemed to be.... She couldn't even find the right word to describe him... He was not really bright that is...

"Erm.... Well, my parents are like my elder brother, that is protective, very intelligent, and wise. As for my home, it's a simple house, similar to yours somehow."

"Really? You have the same kind of houses on the moon?" Ashura asked excitedly.

"... Yes. And about what I like and I do not like... There are not a lot of things that I like and do not like... I like my family, but apart from that..."

"You mean that you love your family," Ashura corrected her.

But Nanami didn't even make the difference between the two terms. She didn't even know what true love was. Yet, she was sure she loved her brother unconsciously even if she wasn't familiar with this concept.

"Yes, that's what I meant."

"And what about your friends? You have friends there, don't you?"

"... No, not really. I only have my family, especially my brother since my parents are quite busy. But now he's busy too, so..."

Ashura frowned at that. How come that she had no friends?

"But you have us now," he said with a smile.

For Nanami, that boy was really something.

"We're your family too. And we'll always be there for you!"

She didn't even know what a 'friend' meant either anyway.

"Sorry, I would have liked to talk more with you, but I'm starting to get a bit tired now."

Ashura seemed to be disappointed at first, but then he understood.

"No problem! We'll be able to talk more tomorrow! Good night Nanami!"

"Good night."

"Do you mind if I leave some light on?" Indra asked her.

"No, I do not. You may leave the light switched on," Nanami replied before laying down in bed.