||Prologue||

(y/n)'s Pov

You carefully made your way towards your dresser, you have done this for about a million times since you had learned to walk.

It was a routine.

You sat down and grabbed your comb, immediately running it through your—as your deceased mother said, golden tresses, and when it would shine under the sun it would look like pure silver silk.

You wouldn't know that of course, you never had, and you never will.

You sighed and tried to keep your hopes up for today, today you head over to Mirkwood, now once again named Greenwood, after the infestation was wiped out, and the forest seemed more bright.

You were to represent the kingom of Nylhelona, a small kingdom of peaceful elves, ruled by your brother Chaalmyth.

To attend the feast of starlight.

You stood up from your chair and held on to the rails, that your also deceased father had the workers attached, on the walls.

You walked gracefully down the stairs and counted your steps towards the dining room, once you felt the chair within arms reach you sat down.

"Good morning, lady (y/n)." your handmaiden Laerune greeted softly, she was also your best friend, and almost like a second mother to you, she was also your mother and father's captain of the guards.

"Good morning to you too Laerune!" you smiled brightly, you heard her chuckle beside you.

"My, aren't you chipper today, are you that excited?" She asked, you heard the smile in her voice.

You nodded enthusiastically, hearing a plate being placed in front of you, and utensils placed on your hands.

"We have pancakes today, do you want blueberries? Or strawberries?" Laerune asked, you grinned, "Blueberries/Strawberries please."

You heard her pour the fruit on your stack of pancakes and you guided your hands to the fluffy treats that laid before you.

After breakfast you made your way to the baths and bathed quickly, dressing up in a soft flowing dress, laid out to you by Laerune.

Your pack was already set and your brother stood by the gates of your kingdom,

You felt him approach you, then felt his embrace around your smaller form. "Hortho le huil vaer.(May useful winds speed you on.)

He helped you up your horse and gave your hand a reassuring squeeze.

And with that you, Laerune, and five soldiers, were off to Greenwood, for three days worth of travelling.

May Valar guide all of you to safety.

~•~