ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

CHAPTER THREE
ALL THE SAME

A week has passed since the incident with Nancy

A week has passed since the incident with Nancy. My bruises have faded slightly, thankfully. I'm hoping they won't be here for much longer, they make me seem rough, intimidating almost and I don't want people looking at me that way despite the way I may act.

I'm currently sat with Mick and Jo, listening to them ramble on about their weekends and such while my fork scrapes around my plate, dragging it across the red tray beneath it. My head rests on my hand, squishing my cheek unattractively.

A burning sensation begins running up my spine, signalling someone was watching me and from the corner of my eye, I spot Billy - lounging on a bench with Kathy Saunders, again. His eyes connected with mine as he swung his arm around the back of the bench, clutching onto the blonde tightly. I roll my eyes and place my chin onto my hands, puffing out a breath of air.

"I'm just going to grab some more sauce, do you guys need anything?" I query, dropping the fork and throwing my legs over the bench.

They glance over at me, Mick shaking his head and Joselyn nodding aggressively before speaking;

"Grab me another muffin, oh my god they're amazing." She practically drools all over table.

I chuckle at her before standing and making my way over to the salad bar. I grab some small packs of ketchup, as well as some mayonnaise and set out in search for the so-called 'glorious cafeteria muffins.'

As I walk over to the shelves where the deserts are kept, I realise I'm going to have to pass by Billy's table to get there and my stomach instantly drops. I know exactly what's about to happen.

Soon enough it's time to stroll by the group, my heart rate picking up as I inch closer.

"Hey, Hargrove, look who it is." I hear Tommy tease with a snort. "Looking good as always, Mitchell."

I roll my eyes as I hear his friends chuckle, making my insides churn with anxiety and irritation.

"You giving me the silent treatment now? Thought we'd moved past this Birdie." Tommy huffs jokingly, though the humour seemed to dissolve on his tongue.

"You know Tommy, if you tried to run half as much as your mouth does maybe you wouldn't have to resort to snorting coke behind the bleachers at nine o clock in the morning." I smile sarcastically before continuing on my way.

He stutters before laughing once again, "You are just hilarious, aren't you little bird? Since we're on the topic of snorting, how's mom? Oh, wait never mind."

My heart practically halts, his words wrapping around it like a noose. I stop dead in my tracks and snap my head in his direction.

"Excuse me?" My mouth practically hangs open in shock, my heart thudding against my rib cage.