ғɪᴠᴇ

CHAPTER FIVE
CONFRONTATION

As I rouse from my heavy slumber, the first thing I become aware of is the coolness of the air and its strong fragrance of alcohol

As I rouse from my heavy slumber, the first thing I become aware of is the coolness of the air and its strong fragrance of alcohol. The mattress is hard and feels as if I'm laying on top of a bed of rocks, each individual one poking me a tad too hard. I roll my shoulders with a painful crack, the noise booming in the small room.

Slowly and reluctantly, I uncover my face and blink, closing my eyes again. The bright shafts of light penetrate through the open windows causing my head to spin and my eyes to strain. I cautiously opened one, and then the other shortly after, allowing each one to become familiar with the light. My limbs flexed slowly, my muscles stretched as a groan left my lips. The sheets felt soft against my skin like that of silk, which indicated I was, in fact, half naked. No surprise there.

My eyes drifted to the empty space beside me where a small piece of paper lay, covered in tiny scribbles.

Bea, 

Had to leave Neil was waiting, come by tonight he's away on business.

I'll be waiting.

Billy xx

I smirk to myself, clutching the letter against my chest and biting my lip lightly. I began glancing around, the mess scattered about the room causing my eyes to roll in their sockets.

I sighed, throwing the blanket off of my legs and clambering out of bed, almost slipping off. I trudged towards the pile of clothes inside the cabinet, half of the clothes hanging out, picking out a my work clothes and some underwear.

I quickly threw them on, not bothering to shower. I yanked on my skirt and zipped it up, followed by the blue button up before checking my hair in the mirror, ruffling the curls slightly. I grabbed a pair of socks and pulled them on along with my sneakers, giving them a quick wipe down and ridding them of the dried mud that settled along the edges.

Once I was finished, I headed to the bathroom to brush my teeth. After that I made my way downstairs to grab some breakfast, quickly deciding on a cereal bar, before grabbing a bag and my keys, before briskly leaving the house.

The journey to Melvalds was rather slow, as it always was. I'd already stopped commenting on it a while back, it's become that common that I no longer have the will to complain about it. I don't even have to explain myself anymore when I walk in to work late, it's just known. The amount of traffic in this town is actually quite odd seeing as it's a literal box, there are, at most, ten thousand people living here - That may seem like a lot but in reality it isn't.