▯𝙤𝙣𝙚

Goddamn

Goddamn...

It's around seven in the afternoon when the [choose hair colour] girl is finally dismissed from work. With a wide smile playing at her lips, she struts towards the changing room, already unbuttoning the first buttons of her shirt on her way. She inserts the four digit password in the panel next to the door, causing a small beeping sound to erupt from the door before it clicks open.

She pushes the door open and walks in. She takes a turn to enter the women's changing room and carefully closes the door behind her. She wastes no time to pull her shirt off and put it in her bag. She zips her pants down and takes them off, folding them so that they fit in her bag. She takes her civilian clothes and pulls out her deodorant spray. She first puts on the latter before throwing it in her bag, dressing up in her own clothes.

When she's done, she grabs her bag and walks out of the changing room. She strides down the corridor and heads towards the exit. Once she steps foot out of the grocery store, she takes in a deep breath, then exhales slowly with a smile plastered on her face.

I'm free...!

She stretches out her arms and walks down the sidewalk, pulling out her phone. She plugs her earphones in and presses shuffle on her main playlist. She then pockets her drive and makes her way down the sidewalk. She grinned as her music blasted at full volume in both of her ears.

Working at the supermarket as a cashier isn't difficult work, but balancing it with college makes daily life less easy for [Name]. Fortunately, she mostly works on days she has no classes or during the holidays, but unfortunately, college requires daily studying. So far, she's managed to balance both, although her sleeping schedule isn't that healthy anymore.

Not that it changes much from when she was in high school. Her sleeping schedule was already pretty fucked up, if not non-existant.

[Name] can consider herself lucky - she's found a part time job with impressive pay for a student and cool coworkers. Not to mention, it's only a few streets from her studio.

Honestly, she couldn't ask for more in a job.

Before she knows it, she's arrived at her destination. She goes up the small, old stairs and pulls out her key, softly humming the melody of the song she's listening to. She walks up to the second door, barely noticing the click of the third one and the presence of her neighbour. It's only when their shoulders collide that she looks up into his large irises.

They both take a step back and raise their hands in apology.

"Sorry, didn't see you there." His rectangular hand runs through his light amber spikes and his mouth forms a small smile as he apologises.

"Um, it's okay." [Name] waves her hands dismissively. "I wasn't watching my own steps either."

"You're back pretty late from work today." The boy with peculiarly round orbs points out, his head tilted a bit in wonder.