▯𝙩𝙬𝙤

It's with a heavy yawn that the young adult heads out of her appartment

It's with a heavy yawn that the young adult heads out of her appartment. She twists her key and pulls it out of the keyhole once it has clicked, then throws it in her handbag. She swivels around and steps down the old, rusty stairs. Her shoes click at each step she takes and she eventually makes it to the last stair. She speeds up her pace once she's off the staircase and speedwalks down the sidewalk. Humming a familiar melody, she can hardly help the countless yawns that slip out of her mouth.

The weather feels nice today...

Early passerby's share the sidewalk with her. Young students speedwalk their way to the nearest bus stop or station. Parents head out with their children. People walk out their pets.

Arriving into the district she works at, [Name] can't help but notice the immobile queue of cars honking non stop and the amount of passerby's increasing suspiciously. Attempting to pay it no mind, [Name] simply resumes her way to her destination. Still, she cannot help but wonder― 

Commotion ahead catches her attention. A crowd has formed and are thse police cars?

Wait a minute.

With eyes wide, [Name] thoughtlessly starts running as to join in the scene that's unfold out of curiosity. When she arrives there, her view is blocked by the huge crowd. She attempts to push past the civiians and when she eventually arrives at the front of the crowd, her jaw drops.

The supermarket she works at, the front glasses are smashed.

What?

"What... happened?"

From afar, she conveniently spots one of her coworkers, a cool faced as ever. She wiggles her way through the crowd and over to her coworker.

"Hey..." She greets weakly; motioning to the supermarket with her chin. "What happened?"

"Apparently, someone broke in shortly after we closed." Her coworker states.

"Break in, huh?" [Name] hums, eyeing the uglied front of the shop. She watches as police officers walk in and out of the shop through the busted automatic doors.Her orbs catch onto the mess that has been left inside the store as well. Crushed products, tipped over shelves, holes in the walls...

[Name] frowns.

If they wanted to simply break in to steal the money in the cash registers, they would've been smarter to sneak through the back door...

She rolls her eyes towards her coworker.

Now that I think about it, she said 'shortly after', right? 

Did she hear the officers' reports or did she just determine that on her own?

"You're probably thinking how the hell I came to know when the store was broken into, right?" Her coworker voices nonchalantly, without even glancing her way once.