Welcome home part 2❤️

Alexis point of view

The next morning:

I woke up still in disbelief of the fact that I was actually here actually with my mother in her house face to face after almost a year. The last time she and I were even in the same state was when I graduated high school last year.

None the less I'm here now no going back. I rolled over and squinted at my phone on the bed side table.  It was 10:23. I sighed and got out of the bed. I looked through my bag for my travel kit bag and made my way to the bathroom. I did my usual morning routine except for putting my contacts on I just rocked my glasses for today.

I put my hair in a ponytail and went downstairs to get something to eat. I walked down and smelled the breakfast she was cooking. "Well good morning baby. How'd you sleep." She asked as she smiled and kissed my cheek.

"Good. That beds pretty comfortable I must say I slept like a baby."

"Well good. Here I made some eggs, bacon, and waffles."

"Thanks."

We both sat down and ate. It was very awkward for the most part. The awkward silence was broken with the doorbell ringing.

She rushed to get up and answer it but I stopped her, "relax I got it...ma." I stuttered with the last word but I can tell hearing me call her that made her smile.

I went to the front door to see who it was. It was a man. He was cute though.

"Hi can I help you.?" I said as I leaned up against the door.

"Hi... is Cheryl home?" He asked as he squinted at me as if he was confused.

"Yea she's in the kitchen give me a second..."

"Ma there's some guy at the door for you." I shouted back into the dining room.

"Coming..." she responded as I heard her footsteps ascending toward us.

"Oh hey you." She said as I moved out of her way and watch her kiss this guys and give him a hug.

"Good morning beautiful... I see you have a guest that looks exactly like a younger you." He laughed as she let him inside.

"Oh yea that's right you haven't officially met. Lexy this is my friend James and James this is my baby Alexis-Jade ." She introduced us as he and I exchanged a look and shook hands.

"Oh my gosh I don't know how I didn't piece it together myself she looks so much like you. Hi Alexis your mom's always bragging about you nice to finally meet you."

"Pleasure to meet you too James, and ma I'm 19 I know he's your boyfriend." I joked while I walked back to the kitchen to finish eating leaving those two laughing and following behind me into the kitchen.

"So Alexis-Jade when did you get to town?" He asked as he joined me at the table while my mother made him a plate.

"Oh last night... I stopped into the club to surprise her."

"Aww that was sweet of you. How long you gonna be in town for."

"Yea baby girl I meant to ask you that last night.. how long you plan on staying for? I know you said your courses for the upcoming semester were online for the most part." My mom interrupted as she sat at the table and sipped her coffee.