Nana's House🤞🏾💚

Alexis Point of View

After the Mall:

"That's a shame Lexy we came in this mall to look around maybe buy an outfit or two... look at all these damn bags girl." Melanie said as she rolled her eyes while we walked to my moms car.

"This is not my fault I warned you yesterday that I had a shopping problem. Plus I needed to buy a new dress to go out to dinner with them tonight." I argued as we put the bags in the car and got in.

"That's understandable but you bought like 5 and shorts. Plus you didn't have to buy all this extra stuff for the baby."

"Girl shut up. That is my baby cousin and she's gonna get EVERYTHING she wants end of story, and second I like options." She just laughed and turned the radio on. The rest of the ride to my nana's house was pretty chill she lived a ways away from the mall so we had quite a drive.

We finally made it and I got really excited. My grandparents practically raised me from the time I was born till I left. I know I hurt them the most when I just took up and left with my dad and Ebony

We got out of the car and walked over to the door. I walked a little slower than I usually would so Melanie could keep up although I was excited. She looked so funny while she walked with that belly on her I was in denial that she was pregnant. We rang the doorbell and awaited an answer.

"Yes?" My grandfather said as he opened the door. He immediately swung the door fully open when he saw me.

"Hi grandpa!" I exclaimed as a slight tear of joy rolled down my face and I jumped to give him a huge hug.

"Lexy baby girl oh my gosh! I've missed you!! When did you get into town?" He asked as he released me from his warm embrace and invited us inside.

"Last night I surprised mama and went to the club to see her and now here I am." I responded as I walked in and just took in all of the home vibes I got from being here.

"Nana... I'm back..." I slightly whispered as I saw her sitting in her same old tan rocking chair she would read the Bible to me in.

"Is that my baby Alexis looking more and more beautiful every time I see her?" She smiled as she looked in my direction. I shook my head yes and like a child I practically ran to her in the chair and hugged her. I felt so at peace in her arms.

Memories of when I was younger and I would hurt myself outside flooded to my mind. I would come in here crying and she'd be sitting in this chair. She would call me over to her and hug me tightly while she brushed my hair and told me I was gonna be ok.

"Mel baby you know I didn't forget about you and my great grand baby. How are you feeling?" He asked Melanie as I greeted my nana.

"Huge. I'm so ready for her to come out of here. Hey grandma." She said as she greeted my grandmother with a kiss and hug.

I didn't wanna move. I wanted to stay right here where I felt young again Where I felt at peace . I'm guessing my grandma must've sense it because she told me that the chair was still much too big for just her and patted her left side where I sat and cuddled up to her.

"Awe look at you still running into her arms after all this time." My grandpa  joked as he sat on the couch adjacent from us with Melanie who must've been texting her boyfriend.