✈ 3 ✈

Family members and distant friends all approached Taehyung as he stays seated at a neatly arranged table in the reception room. They all gave him pats on the back full of fake sympathy and sarcastic endearment. Taehyung had been getting unnecessary gestures for a week now, ever since news got out of Chiwoo's death. But since it had been going on for such time now, Taehyung was well rehearsed in his responses. He gave them all a slight nod, or a small hug, sometimes even a quiet "thanks," but all these reciprocating actions were meaningless to him. It all just made him hurt worse, and it already hurt so unbearably bad.

     Jimin sat two tables away from the blonde, watching as each person crept up to him to bid him an insignificant sorry, or to say a few fake endearing words. Jimin scoffed as the actions, thinking how ridiculous it was. He never got ant of it, no one ever came up to him but then again he didn't expect them to either. Taehyung is Chiwoo's boyfriend, of course people felt he was hurting the most from her passing. Jimin thought over at the things that'd been running through his mind since Taehyung had talked to him, he was wrong. Taehyung was Chiwoo's boyfriend. Just as Jimin was her best friend.

     A bitter laugh left the silverette's chapped lips, his mind becoming its usual numb blank state once again. He pulled out his phone and began scrolling through his gallery containing memories of himself and his best friend stored as rectangular snapshots on a screen. He didn't resist as hot tears began to form in his almond shaped eyes, the overwhelming feeling of loneliness overtaking him for the nth time that day. He was so caught up in his own miserable thoughts that he didn't notice a certain male stalk his way up to Jimin's table.

     "Jimin, I-I'm sorry..."

     The emotional boy jumped as the latter's deep voice startled him from his thoughts. Jimin shifted his sight up to the other boy's saddened face, noticing his glossy eyes. Taehyung was crying? 

     Taehyung quickly wiped the single stray tear from his cheek, a small sniffle emitting from the boy. "Um, I know you loved her, you loved her a lot... you guys were best friends for so long and I'm so sorry you have to endure this, especially by yourseld Jimin."

     Jimin's tears filled his eyes as he listened to the words leave the other's mouth. He'd never had anyone tell him such things, no one had ever really cared as far as he knew. Jimin suddenly stood up, the action shocking not only Taehyung but Jimin himself as tears silently fell down both the males' reddened cheeks.

     Jimin acted on instinct, out of raw emotion and feeling, he needed comfort from someone else who knew what he was going through. In that moment, he need Taehyung. Jimin lunged forward a bit as he buried his face into the latter's chest, wrapping his weak arms around the other's waist tightly. Taehyung didn't hesitate to respond as he instantly pulled Jimin's small, sobbing body close to his own with protective arms around the latter's shoulders. Taehyung cried softly into the short boy's shoulder after he buried his face into Jimin's neck. 

     Taehyung suddenly felt secure, like someone understood him, like he has someone who knew what he was going through, like someone needed him. Taehyung realized something in that very moment of shared tears and tightly held bodies, he needed Jimin.

     The tow stood there in one another's arms for a few minutes, not caring about who was staring or even if anyone was staring at all. After the two calmed down enough, they released each other from their grasps. Taehyung watched the small boy intently as he tried to collect himself. Jimin was the first of the two to speak. "I-I'm sorry, I-"

     "No, don't apologize. It's quite alright Jimin, I'm glad I was here for you," Taehyung interjected as his eyes locked with Jimin's, a soft, reassuring glare staring into Jimin's beautiful brown eyes. "In fact," Taehyung began as he reached to the table to grab a pale crème coloured napkin and a black ink pen. Taehyung scribbled some digits on to the small napkin neatly, recapping the pen and setting it down as he offered forward the napkin to a surprised Jimin. "Here, take my number. If you ever need anyone, hit me up Jimin, I'm more than willing to help however I can."

     Jimin looked at the phone number on the napkin with a joyed glint in his eyes before nodding to the other man. "Thank you Tae, I um, I really appreciate this," Jimin said as he waved the precious napkin in his hand before slipping it carefully into his back pocket. Taehyung nodded with a slight grin on his lips as he ruffled the silver, messy hair atop Jimin's head.

     "My pleasure Chim." Jimin then did something he hadn't done since Chiwoo passed away, Jimin let out a light giggle as a small, genuine smile danced on to Jimin's pouty lips.

     "Thank you Kim Taehyung," Jimin whispered so softly and quietly to himself that no one else heard expect him. He watched as Taehyung spun on his heels and made his way to the food table, away from Jimin. Something told Jimin that wouldn't be the last he'd see of Kim Taehyung.

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

written on 12-17-2018

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

word count : 910

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

these chapters are ending up shorter than I thought they'd be lol alsO double update bc it's my friend Jungcondom 's birthday and he wanted an update sO I gave him a douBle update uwu happy birthday Jeon!! anygays, yeeyee things are actually gonna start happening next chapter heuehueheu 

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶