f o u r

LATE NIGHTS at Fergs were a serious pain in the ass with all the hustle and bustle, but it was a good way for Grace to earn twice her salary

LATE NIGHTS at Fergs were a serious pain in the ass with all the hustle and bustle, but it was a good way for Grace to earn twice her salary. She knew that. As much as she hated the drunken men watching old Friday night football games all while flirting with lonesome women looking for a good lay, she knew it would be worth it in the end.

"Gracie can you clean off table seven for me?" The familiar voice of Rachel spoke up from the across the bar, Grace ceasing the table clothe in her hand as she scrubbed the bar countertop. Grace smiles while nodding her head, tossing the wet table clothe to the side as she strutted out from behind the counter.

She fixed her apron and smoothed down the bunched up material as she walked towards table seven, which was located towards the corner of the restaurant near the front door with a clear view of the lake. Picking up the half empty cups, Grace distastefully took them to the kitchen. She was a germaphobe as some would say and the food smudges on the cups didn't help to lessen it in the slightest.

Grace continued to pick up the empty plates and clean off the table until she was down to scrubbing the surface with a washcloth. As she was scrubbing the clothe in different patterns along the table, the sound of the bell going of signaled the door opening. Her eyes flitted to the new comer about to say the scripted 'welcome to Fergs' in the most enthusiastic voice she could muster but it never came out from the pit of her throat.

Instead her blue stricken eyes stayed glued to the familiar messy haired man who didn't notice the surprised female. Frank Adler slowly walked into the bar, particularly alone, with a outlandish flannel adoring his sculpted chest. In any case she would have made fun of the floral printed shirt, but she was too busy trying to stay unnoticed by the man.

"Great." Grace spoke under her breathe as she watched the man take a seat in a bar stool, which was her work station for the night. Going into the kitchen, Grace quickly approached Rachel who was cleaning off dirty dishes in one of the many sinks. Making herself present by clearing her throat, Rachel looked up at Grace with a smile but it quickly dispersed when she saw the annoyed expression on Graces face.

"What's wrong hot stuff? Are the effects of ill-advised men actually taking a toll on you?" Rachel asked and in any other circumstance she would have laughed, but her mood was still sour as she kept the grimace on her face. Rachel realized that there was something else bothering her, and she furrowed her eyes at Grace questioningly. "What is it?"

Instead of answering she motioned towards Frank through the small opening of the kitchen window, him still sitting by the bar waiting for someone to serve him. Rachel looked at him curiously and then back at Grace raising her eyebrow.

"Long story short he's my hot neighbor that I just seem to keep running into, kinda of ass in my opinion, but I'm not really about to be frustrated more than I already am." Grace let out quickly and watched as Rachel seemed to smirk in the slightest making Grace blush uncomfortably and roll her eyes at the same time. "Okay cut out hot part and just focus on everything else."