s i x

THERE WAS nothing else that Grace looked forward to more than her days off

THERE WAS nothing else that Grace looked forward to more than her days off. Fergs seemed to be consuming her life most days, so Sunny was becoming a second option much to her dismay. Grace wanted nothing more than to just spend a day with Sunny and make her feel loved, because Grace was beginning to think she was neglecting Sunny in a way.

There was also the sleeping in part of days off. Grace has never been so sleep deprived in her life, and just the thought of her getting anywhere near to six hours of sleep was enough to put her in a somewhat good mood. Which brought her to the morning— well not exactly morning more like early afternoon as she was waking up from the longest sleep she has had in a month. Sunny was peacefully resting at her feet, eyes set upon Grace as she stirred in the comfortable bed.

"Morning, Sunny." Grace spoke groggily, earning a tail wag from the Australian Shepherd. "You want to go outside, girl?"

At the mention of outside, Sunny immediately jumped from the bed to the ground, her tail wagging as she began pacing excitedly. Grace laughed at the action before slowly getting out of bed, stretching her arms above her head letting the sweater ride up her stomach in the slightest. Her feet then touched the hardwood floor, and Grace began to maneuver through the nearly empty house in nothing but a pair of spandex and Ari sweater.

Sunny followed after Grace expectantly, and soon Grace was opening the front door all while being greeted by the daunting sun and still fresh residue of the nightly rain. Grace, still barefoot and partially clothed, walked outside into the small lawn at which she owned. Sunny was already sniffing at different patches of grass, and Grace patiently waited all while taking in the small neighborhood around her.

Some houses seemed deserted, others very lively and filled with plants and different decorations. Grace was apart of the unfurnished group, but having only moved in a month ago there was good reason. She was so caught up in observing everything around her that she didn't even notice the small person standing right in front of her.

"Hello."

Grace jumped at the sudden voice and turned her head to look down at the little girl standing before her in a drug rug and shorts, Sunny jumping up and down for the blonde haired girl's attention. Mary smiles warmly at Grace, and Grace returned the gesture while putting a hand on her hip.

"Hello, Mary." Grace said just as she began eyeing the scenery around her for the dark haired man immediately, but he wasn't in sight. "What are you doing over here?"

"Frank told me to go outside," Mary said just as she decided to plop herself in the freshly cut grass, "He said no more math, so here I am."

"Is he coming out?" Grace said, trying to keep her curiosity from showing too much.

Mary shrugged before saying, "I think he wants to take me boating...it's his day off."