s e v e n

SMUT IN THIS CHAPTER !¡

SATURDAY'S HAD soon became Graces favorite day of the week. Instead of dreading the tiring night shifts that awaited her, she began to look forward to them weekly and even enjoyed staying up until midnight. Though, it was all because of one person...and it was Frank Adler. He had made it his duty to come in every Saturday and sit at the bar until the last hour so he could walk Grace home. She even stopped riding her bike to work on Saturdays so she didn't have to worry about leaving her bike at the restaurant and there being a chance of someone taking it.

Which brings Grace to her current state— midnight on a Saturday as her shift came to an end, and Frank patiently waiting for her by the bar. She quickly bid Rachel goodbye while hanging up her apron before making her way out of the kitchen. Frank was already standing up and leaning against the countertop as he gave her a warm smile, his eyes lighting up at the sight of her walking towards him.

"Sorry that took so long...Rachel needed me to help her mop up a little incident that happened in the kitchen." Grace quickly apologized as they both made their way out of the restaurant and into the misty air of the night. Frank shook his head quickly before speaking.

"Don't be sorry at all," he assured her and Grace smiled thankfully at him but he didn't see the gesture as his eyes were glued in front of him. "Plus, at least I get to see you. All that waiting is worth it." Grace bashfully rolled her eyes all while blushing furiously.

"If I were right— I'd say you were flirting with me?" Grace teased while eyeing Franks side profile as he laughed before turning to look at her.

"I wouldn't say you were wrong..." Frank trailed on, his eyes locked on Graces, and he continued to speak. "Is that bothering you?"

"No, not at all." Grace said almost suggestively, and Frank took a double take of her as she looked away— smirk playing dangerously at her lips making him gulp as nerves suddenly took over.

With Grace having the final word, they continued to walk down the deserted street in a comfortable and calming silence as they simply enjoyed each other's company. They also seemed to be walking rather close, their hands kept grazing every other moment, way too many times to be accidental. Half an hour went by as they finally arrived in their neighborhood, and Frank continued to follow Grace to her now familiar house without question despite her always telling him that she can manage by herself. As the both of them came to a halt in front of her doorstep and he was about to bid her goodnight, she was quick to speak up.

"Would you like to come in?" She said abruptly and felt a blush begin to coat her face as surprise overtook his features. She quickly added onto her words, "I uh...I just bought a new bottle of wine and Sunny is with Roberta and Mary, so I was wondering if maybe you'd like to have a drink— if not that's completely fine."