Ch.8 × The Failed Meeting

Whoop Whoop

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel.

XXXX

3rd Person's Pov

" I really don't think it's her... How she talked just now and how our Alex usually talks in our chats are completely the opposite..." Clint spoke up as some others agreed.

" Hey," Bruce spoke up , gaining the other's attentions.

" What is it Brucie?" Tony asked.

" Uh, What if... What if the Alex that we're searching for is not actually her...?" He brainstormed.

" And what made you think that?" Natasha raised an eyebrow.

Bruce shrugged " She was very eager on showing the phone and she just.. didn't feel like our Alex..." He said, frowning as he scratched his chin in confusement.

Natasha pondered and said " Actually, I agree... I don't have a good feeling about this. Should we just leave?"

•~•~•~•

" CaAAaan YoUuu tEell me WhAT's GoINg oOn??"

Alex's voice shouted through the noise of the hallway as she ran while still being dragged by Jessica.

Alex was still confused as to where and why Jessica was dragging her but it had seemed very important that she didn't stop her friend's antics.

Alex saw a group of unfamiliar older people, who didn't seem to exactly fit into the university when she was dragged pass them, since they were wearing really distinguishable clothing that one could recognize them from faraway if one had known them but mostly because all of them were really good looking, though it's not like she'll easily admit that.

She noticed that one of them is possibly one of the people that she had drawn because he had a weirdly familiar facial structure, though she didn't really think about it all that much because she was more focused as to why her bestfriend, who was previously running frantically, was now staring at the odd group.

Oddly, the other students that were around the hallway were also staring at the odd group.

But her thoughts were stopped when she felt her weight shifted as the force that was pulling her vanished and pain spread through her back.

" Oof-" Alex let out a breath as she fell, pulling her friend out of her daze.

Jessica snapped out of her daze and moved her attention from the group towards her friend, and realized what she had done.

" Alex!!" Jessica exclaimed as she went to help Alex up from the floor.

If seeing two girls running pass them in an unbelievable speed didn't catch their attention, this certainly did. The Avengers glanced at each other, signalling that they did hear what the odd girl screamed, 'Alex'.

All of their reactions are certainly different but all those reactions do contain all but just one similarity, which is hope.

While they were trying to figure out if that girl was the one they were looking for, she stated something that made them to stop their train of thoughts, as there would be no need to think any further.

Alex sat up into a sitting position while caring for her hurting back," Jesus jamming to jukebox, Jess! What the hell happened just now?!" she asked, quite worried as to what had made her friend, who was so focused on pulling her to a specific place, to just suddenly stop like that, which had also led to her bruising back.

' Alex...'

That's it. We've found her.

Jess was snapped out of her daze and repeatedly said sorry to her fallen friend as she helped the girl up, " Ah! Sorrysorrysorrysorry! I-I, I was-" but she was stopped by her friend.

Alex smiled, " No worries, it's not like you broke my bone or anything" she said, taking Jess's hands and let her help herself up.

Alex stretched as she got on her feet and blinked when she noticed the strange group, who were ignoring the gapes and stares that were sent to them by the other students, looking her way; some were gaping, some were staring wildly and a couple of them who were not so expressive.

" Uh.." Alex tapped her friend by the shoulder and pointed at the group, " Why are they looking at us?" She asked her friend, very confused as to why they were openly staring at her.

Jess, who was panicking about her friend, blinked and turned around to see that the Avengers were looking at them... AT THEM. She started shaking, which results in Alex getting the wrong idea ' Did they scare her?' she thought as she started glaring at the group.

Bruce flinched a little, " W-Why is she glaring at us?" the scientist asked to his friends. Though before he can get a reply, a shrill voice screamed through the hallway.

" HEI! I BRING PHONE!"

Nearly everyone flinched in the discomfort of their ears. Alex's eyebrow twitches at that familiar voice and turned her head towards the source of the horrid sound.

Bruce, after being attacked by the shrill, felt pretty uncomfortable and didn't want to stay any further, " Uh, guys?" The others looked towards him to see what he has to say, " I think I need to get out of here, her voice is just too much" Bruce said hurriedly, scared not wanting to accidentally transform here and hurt someone.

That certainly got their attentions and they all hurry outside, but not without another glance at this 'Alex' girl. They are quite sure that she could certainly be the one, judging by her 'Jesus jamming to jukebox' speech.

But they couldn't risk Bruce to transform at the cause of that shrill voice, so they left.

" AH WAIT! NO GO!!" Alexa screamed just as she stopped infront of Alex.

While Alexa was panting heavily from exhaustion, either because the lack of exercise or something else, Alex saw something very familiar in her hands.

It was her phone.

She felt a tug on her shirt, " Hey Alex?" Jess said. Alex turned to her and asked "Yeah?", Jess pointed to her phone and said " Isn't that your phone?"

Alexa who had almost recovered from her exhaustion, heard the question and huffed " Well, it's my now! Finder keepers!!" She stated, waving the phone infront of them.

XXX

Well, that's it for this chapter :)

I've finally updated this fic, it might be a while till the other chapter but then again, I don't know ehe..

Thank you to those who asked for updates, and I'm sorry for being quite inconsistent...

That's it for today.. J Out!!