Chapter 11

---Thorn's POV---

My head felt like it was about to explode, literally. I could feel every thump created by my heart as I rubbed soothingly against my temples and ignored the eyes on me. This- This is all just too much. I came here to seek help for Blake, find a pack for him so he could learn to control his animal but this....

I sighed and leaned my head against the cool window, looking at woodlands outside and the countless of Fae scattered between them, urging the plants and trees to heal and become normal again. They were bringing light into this darkness, returning the fauna from the death.

Death. My father is...Death itself. My eyes flickered up slightly and focused on my reflection instead of the world outside, watching those dark eyes narrow and the blue spark vividly.

I imagined I got my blue eyes from my mom. Even in my head, the tittle felt strange and I knew I couldn't get the words from my lips even if I wanted to. "I never had any parents...I don't even know what to expect from them. All I saw were people dropping their kids to save themselves when it came to it."

And now I had m-my father standing in the very same room I was in. Bidziil and his brother had taken a few steps back to give us some privacy as they started a whispered conversation between themselves, occasionally glancing our way.

Even with all these questions bubbling up inside my head, the need to get answers, to just know why? Why did they leave me there? Why was my parents' love something to be frowned at? And what exactly am I?

I shivered as I felt a presence behind me, familiar yet unknown. My breathing hitched slightly before I slowly lifted my head to stare at my father in the window's reflection, watching his expression change from nervous, happy, excited and sorrowful to downright anxious.

"Your mother was amazing when I first met her..." Jason murmured as he slowly walked beside me, folding his arms behind his back as he watched the trees react under the Fae's touch, twisting and growing into a sea of green leaves.

Slowly, my body turned his way as I stepped back and took a seat onto the armrest of the couch, resting one of my legs on it too so I could place my chin on top of my knee. Realizing slowly but surely that this was my father. My dad.

"Why?" I asked, clearing my throat when I realized my voice came out chocked and raspy. Jason glanced my way as I continued,  "Why weren't you two allowed to love each other? And why did she dump me there?"

He sighed deeply, closing his golden eyes for a moment as his shoulder slouched a bit. "You must understand one thing Thorn; if I had known that...she was with child...I would've done everything, anything to keep you both with me. Like I said, she just stopped coming to our spot and, well...I never heard from her since."

I let my eyes flit over his expression, my own heart clenching at the sorrow and heartbreak he tried to hide, the anger burning in his eyes and the anguish he must have felt when I changed, knowing that everything he thought was real, was all a lie.

"Let me start with your first question." He sighed again before walking to the couch on the opposite side and took a seat, rubbing his hands together. "After the realms were made and filled with creatures like humans, vampires, Fae and so on, they all created their own deities, their own gods."

I felt shocked and it must have showed because a ghost of a smile fluttered over Jason's face as he nodded. "I know it's strange and not what most people believe but it's the truth. Every god out there whether they are Greek, Celtic, Indian, Roman or whatever culture; they are created and nurtured by people believing in them.