Chapter 10

"Here." Alex says beside side me. I sit up straight and look up at him. He has a plate of food for me. So I take it from him.

"Thank you sir." I say.

"I wish you would stop calling me sir. Anissa I'm your mate damn it. It's Alex." he says. I just nod an okay not wanting to remind him he rejected me.

We've been staying with Sammy the last couple of days. He still hasn't woken up yet and neither one of us want him to wake up alone. Tate and Trenton are okay with me taking time off. Actually they suggest it. It's kind of a win win situation. Alex is protected and we both can keep an eye on Sammy.

"Sammy's yours isn't he?" I blurt out. I'm curious. Melinda is our age, she's was beautiful and Sammy doesn't have a father, he's here all the time. I don't know I just put it together. Alex cocks an eyebrow.

"What makes you say that?" he ask me. I just shrug digging into my food. "No he isn't mine. His father was a good friend of mine and I told him I'd look after Melinda and Sammy if anything was to happen to him." he tells me looking at Sammy. "Which I failed at." he whispers.

"No." I say shaking my head. "If its anyone's fault it's mine. I shouldn't of been letting her bring him out there to me." I tell him. He laughs a little.

"You know this baby won't let anyone touch him but his mom, me and now you. The funny thing is you act like he's got a disease. Your scared of him." he snickers.

"I am not scared of him." I protest. "I'm just not good with babies." I stay. Alex nods then sighs. "Your going to raise him right?" I ask him. He looks up at me and shakes his head.

"No I don't think I can do it. I already let his mother get killed." he says.

"No you didn't. You can't blame yourself. If its anyone's fault it's mine. If it was that important to her. I should have asked Tate to tweak my schedule a little so I could put him to bed instead of letting her come out there. Or at least told her I changed positions. Something. So yeah you are going to raise him." I tell him.

"Who knew you had a heart." he says. I glare at him.

"I'm not a cold blooded killer like you think I am. I kill for the greater good alpha. If it wasn't for me and my team a lot of innocent people would be dead. I don't give a damn what you or anyone else says. I love my job. I save men, women, children from death, rape, abuse. So I know my place in this world. I do good!" I growl at him.

"I've heard stories about how you guys torcher people Anissa and get off on it!" he growls back.

"I'm not going to sugar coat it for you alpha. Yeah I've torchered people to get information but those people I torchered were rouges. I've never torchered or killed anyone that didn't deserve it. Yeah some of us might get off on torchering them but not all of us. If I had it my way I would just kill them but we need the information. If it wasn't for us how many innocent people do you think would be dead right now?" I ask him. He shrugs. "Thousands alpha. Thousands of innocent women, men and children. We'd be extinct if it wasn't for us. Rouge wolves would running around killing us off one by one. Then what would be next?" I ask. He says nothing. "Humans. See we don't just protect our kind. We protect the humans as well. Rouges can fuck up everything if we don't kill them off alpha." I say.

"I guess I never looked at it that way." he says.

"Of course not. Why would you? All you and your rich friends want to do is look down on us poor abandoned murders. You don't care to look at what we really do. You just look at the tattoos, the fact that we are not wanted and we are just murders in your eyes." I say shrugging at the end.