Chapter 18

"Hey beautiful you want to take Sammy to the park?" Alex ask me coming into his room.

"Sure." I answer. It's been two weeks since then. Alex and I talked about it and he doesn't hate me for killing her like I thought he would. He said she deserved it for betraying her pack and helping kidnap Sammy. It's just he didn't like that I did it, he wishes someone else did it but he understands why I had to do it. Sammy stays really close to us now. Won't even let Vanna or alpha hold him. Poor baby lost his father, his mother, kidnapped all before the age of ten months old.

He started sleeping with Alex and I because he wouldn't sleep on his own and when he did he'd wake up screaming. I'm hoping he forgets this as he gets older. That's gotta do something to him phycological right? Yeah I think so too. I pick up Sammy heading for the door when Alex stops me. He cups my face and leans down.

"You know I love you?" he ask me.

"I know." I answer. He leans in tilting my head up and kisses me passionately leaving me breathless. He breaks the kiss putting his forehead to mine both of us breathing heavily. I keep my eyes closed just enjoying the closeness when I'm hit in the face.

"Ma" Sammy says hitting my cheek. I snap my head to him shocked. I look up at Alex to see him smiling.

"Is he saying what I think he's saying?" I ask shocked.

"Yes he is." Alex answers smiling. I didn't know what to say or do. I was in shock. Why on earth is this little guy calling me ma for. I suck at being a mother.

Besides what the hell am I going to do when I have to leave? I don't know what to do.

"Come on momma." Alex says pulling my hand. He drags us out of the room down the stairs. He grabs Sammy's bag and pulls us out to the car. I buckle Sammy in still in my daze. I get in the front seat. "You alright?" Alex ask me.

"Yeah." I answer numbly. What the hell do I do? I got a mate that I think I like. I have a kid calling me ma. I'm going to be leaving. How on earth did I get into this mess? This was suppose to be a job nothing more. We were suppose to come here do our job and leave. I had no intentions on staying. Now I'm torn between staying here and my job. "We're here." Alex says bringing me out of my thoughts. I nod and get out. I get Sammy out and we go to his favorite thing. The swings. I set him and start pushing him. Then I hear it.

'guys home' Tate says. I froze and I could feel the color drain from my face.

"What's wrong?" Alex ask. I couldn't answer. I was literally frozen. "Your going aren't you?" Alex ask me. I look at him to see him sitting with his knees kinda to his chest and forearms on his knees on the ground with his eyes closed.

"Yeah." I say truthfully. I think. I'm not so sure anymore. He nods bowing it.

"Please stay." he whispers.

"I can't." I say.

"Bullshit!" he yells jumping up. "You said it yourself you can! You just won't!" he yells at me.

"What about my job?" I ask calmly. I get that he's upset. "What about me?! What about Sammy?!" he yells at me. "Oh that's right you don't care about us. How could I be so stupid." he says. He comes over taking Sammy out of the swing.

"Alex please don't do this." I say calmly.

"Screw you you heartless bitch." he says walking away.

"Alex!" I yell at him. He just keeps walking away. "Alex!" I yell again but nothing.

He gets in the car buckling up Sammy then drives away. I watch until I can't see him anymore. I plop down on a regular swing sighing. I put my head in my hands and cry. I actually cry over this. I don't know what to do. I sit there and cry for I don't know how long until Tate interrupts me.