Part 55: Trading Life

Time: 8:40am

Year: 2009

Location: HAARP facility in Gakuna, Alaska, Earth

This was proving a lot easier than I thought. It was a bright and sunny day in Alaska and the super-soldiers were just standing there, just waiting to be captured. It felt... easy... too easy.

Maybe it was just such an anti - climactic moment since we had been through so much battle before.

Firing row after row of spheres to the targets around each array and then using my device to quantum jump to the moment I began at a different point where I fired some more spheres at the other soldiers at the other antennas.

They all just stood there, like the terracotta warriors, getting engulfed in null space as their time was frozen in place. I wonder of they were actually conscious of it at all. Being brain dead for decadea would do that to a person... or they'd go insane inside their own skulls...

I saw replicas of myself out of the corner of my eyes as I kept working in a clockwise inward spiral to the centre. I reached the centre and just stopped to look at my work.

I caught them all!

Looking out there were row after row, group near group...

...soldiers... everywhere... just standing around as if they had not seen a thing. They were frozen in time, having not a second to react.

This... would be their last moments...

After capturing them, Sydney and her soldiers helped with moving all of these frozen Super-cicles into a Q2 gate that led to a null space area. Basically like what I have in my atomic-compression storage unit, but lots more room... since there is plenty of space... in space.

Soon I gated out to the Australian HAARP array and repeated the process. All together there were around 22,000 people that had to be frozen. Aeon dating guaged that these people's year of origins were between the 1960s and 1980s. A few in the Australian branch were new and came from the early 2000 year, I wonder why...

"Nothing left under the rug?" Deune asked, after shifting the last frozen man into the gate.

I chuckled and shook my head. "They're all under the rug."

I laughed... but it was a hollow laugh. I didn't feel like laughing because I was putting away people that should be six-feet under ages ago.

Just as soon as we had made sure that all equipment and everyone was cleared away Sydney sent numerous teams out to all of the antennas in both sites and began work on setting up small shape-charged electro magnetic bombs. We would put in the anti-matter detonation charges later so we don't end up frying our own things.

I let Sydney hold the trigger that would fire off all charges.

"All teams. Status." Sydney called out.

They all reported the same thing, "Green and vacated."

Sydney nodded to me and raised her hand in front of her, mostly for a show, then squeezed the trigger.

Kate whispered, "I'm sorry," and I held her hand.

_____________________________________________________________________

There is obviously no bang when an EMP or even multiple EMPs are fired. I was personally expecting some form of a digital scream fromthe dying entity. Maybe that's how we all die... more of a whimper than a bang...