Chapter 28; Shots Fired

A/N; The recap in this chapter is from chapter 26. The last chapter I wrote before this is just a bit more insight about what has been going through Michael's mind. Enjoy!
-B_R_I_A_

- - -

Recap;

"I'm coming home. We need to talk."

I was not ready to face him yet. I thought I at least had some time. Triniti rushed over to me, "What's wrong, girl?"

"He's coming home. He said we need to talk. What if he knows?" I began freaking out.

Triniti grabbed me and sat me down, "okay, calm down. If not for your sake, then definitely for your baby's. I'm sure he just wants to explain the letter. Or talk to you about how you've been acting. There's no way he could possibly know. Don't over think this, Liv." She comforted me.

I listened to her words and began calming myself down. When my breathing started to become normal again, my phone chimed. I rushed over to it and picked it up. It was Michael again,

"And don't try to run this time. I'll be home around 11."

Well, that plan is out of the door. "He told me not to run this time. I'm scared, Trin."

"You owe him a conversation. Don't stress about this, okay? Just calmly talk. I'll stay here if you need me to." She joined me at my side.

"I need you to. Please." I replied

We sat back down at the couch where I silently allowed tears to roll down my cheeks. My leg was bouncing uncontrollably and my mind was racing. I needed to calm down. I practiced my breathing so that I can get it back down to a normal rate. It was off no use because the nausea snuck up and I ran to the bathroom. I knew I was going to spend half of the next 5 hours in and out of here. I was scared to death at this point and the nerves were taking over.

Olivia
11:00 PM

I was sitting on the couch, now emptied of vomit, nervously shaking. I looked at my phone, which was surpisingly still on at 1%. It was 11. He was late. That also means he is probably going to walk through that door any minute.

5 minutes pass, nothing.

10 minutes pass, still nothing.

I began to get a little bit more calm. Maybe he changed his mind? Then, suddenly, the door opened and there he was. Standing there, staring at me. All the nervous feelings reentered my body. I felt sick again. But I couldn't move. I couldn't talk. I didn't even allow myself to breathe correctly. He had a suit case which he threw to the side of the room. He closed the door and grabbed a seat directly next to me.

"Triniti, can Olivia and I have a moment?" He asked her. She nodded her head and peacefully left the room. However, I know Triniti, she was right around the corner, listening to every word. In this moment, that thought was such a comfort to me.

"Olivia. Is it true?" He asked.

"I- Is, wh- what tr- true, Michael?" I nervously stumbled on my words.