Prologue

"I want her."

     "She can not love you, and you must not love her." A cold face spoke to Killua, arctic blue eyes and jet black hair. Sword in hand, but he could not draw it as he and Killua were in the heart of the high temple, right in front of the altar  and in the midst of the statues of the four gods.

       "She can. She already does, and I already do." Killua answered calmly but nothing about him was calm. He wanted to tear Sephyr apart. Sephyr, the great hero. A paladin preaching to him about what was right and what was wrong.

She's mine.

     Twenty-one year old Killua had somehow found himself completely and madly in love with Erraine Ezinarco, a woman forbidden to love. 'But 'forbidden' never stopped anybody.'

Would you come with me?

       "The oracle has decreed-"

         "I don't care what the oracle says."

 The world wants to keep us apart. Fate has other plans. Destiny denies me of my love. But even they cannot keep her from me. I'm hers. I love her. Can't they understand? It doesn't really matter. Anyone who stands in the way of our love will perish.

         However, Sephyr persisted. A burning passion burning in his eyes, it was his faith ablaze like a mighty roaring fire clashing against a harsh, murderous winter of Killua Zoldyck's will. A merciless blizzard that decimates everything in it's path leaving nothing but cold, beautiful death.

        "She must die. As the prophecy dictates."

        Sephyr froze in plaze at Killua's solemn expression, the words leaving his mouth turning to ashes as they left. He felt fear like he had never before.

       "Your prophecy, not mine."

"Hey, Killua~!"
"What is it?"

"I love you Killua!"

         In the movies, in the books it was always the hero and the heroine saving the day. Saving the world from total apocalyptic destruction. It seemed to be always like that, a buff, a duty, a curse.

         When he returned, he found Erraine sitting by the window. The window that had the most beautiful take on the view. A mountain range and the capital city nestled in it's bosom. The sunset never failed to look magnificent from that window, he knew that for a fact because every day at sunset he would always see her sitting in a green chair watching the sky's color change.

       Her long, flowing lilac colored hair had a tinge of pink from the rose colored rays of the sun. Crystal pink orbs a shade darker almost red like the burning ball of fire in her view. 

      "You're back." She called out, looking at him. A small, teasing smile formed on her lips at the fluttering silver cloak he wore. "Yeah."

         She turned her head towards the window once more and he stood behind her like a guardian angel. They watched the sun set in silence and when twilight had passed and the night settled in so did the air becoming cold. A serious atmosphere came flowing in like the flow of water on a river bank in spring.

        "Do you believe me now?" Her voice echoed low, almost as if she didn't want to ask. There was a short silence before he answered, all that time only her gaze was ahead. "I've always believed you."

      Before she could speak her response, Killua continued on. "But I don't believe you have to die. I told you didn't I? I'll protect you. Always."

        He reached out, hand on her shoulder as he turned her around. Slowly, gently. Pale pink colliding with rich blue. He was close enough that she could feel his breath and get a whiff of chocolate from him. "I never break my promises."

         "But Killua, if I don't do this. The world is doomed."

       He always wondered why the heroes always had to bear that burden. Fight a great evil and win and save the world. 'But I am not a hero.'

         Because for Killua Zoldyck, Erraine Ezinarco was more precious than any world.

I love you too.

       "Fuck the world."