Chapter 1: A × Stow × Away

'Running. I've been running all my life.'

A loud roar rang across the forest, shook the trees and had the earth trembling from it's might. Her heart beat fast, drumming across her chest. Twigs and branches slapped her skin, the forest floor was filled with all kinds of things, creeping and crawling.

The air was humid, strangely warm but she couldn't feel it rushing past her skin because of the panic coating her skin and the coldness it brought forth. Hearing the rush of her blood reminded her that she was alive.

Ahead of her, an array of colors passed by like a blur. Humans.

Joy erupted from the depths of her being, and relief. Unimaginable relief. But they didn't look as happy to see her as she did them. Eyes sharp, hackles raised.

They were hunters on their guard.

"Help!"

Her throat burned. Her voice hoarse and felt like dying out of her lips. "Help me!" But there was nothing chasing her. The devil on her tail was only in her head. Leorio stood there, looking as if a homeless man who braved through a harsh winter by himself. Though unlike her, he wasn't alone.

Cheadle and Netero Beyond.

The three of them separated from all of their allies, thrust into the game of survival in the heart of the jungle. In the middle of uncharted lands, the Dark Continent.

She tripped, falling face first on the ground. Long locks of lilac hair fell over the dirt, matted, tangled. Glowing under the faint moonlight that slipped through the canopy of woods and leaves. The roof of the forest. As soon as she raised her head her crystal pink colored eyes clashed with sharp blue eyes like a knife at her throat.

"Who are you?" It was a cold, high voice as if, if she'd answered wrong it'll cost her her life of the green haired hunter. The huge, tall man looked down at her as if looking at some kind of alien. A new strange discovery. The doctor in his ragged, torn blue suit looked through his spectacles mouth hanging in disbelief. As if he was witnessing a miracle.

They came to a savage, merciless land. Leorio only realized how cruel it really was when he first stepped foot on it's shores. They came with over a hundred hunters all he knew were stronger than him and yet barely a week after their journey there was only three of them.

Leorio hoped that after the group was scattered, that all those lives would still be out there and by some mercy, still alive. Looking at the girl on the damp forest floor he thought she looked no older than thirteen. Gon and Killua's images suddenly flashed in his head.

Fresh blood looked like deep red rose petals in contrast to her snow white skin, although dirty like a beggar. Clothes, tattered. 'I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be white but...' She was trembling, her eyes shaking.

"I.."

Then she clamped her mouth shut, lips in a thin line. Cheadle saw genuine relief in her delicate face. The lilac haired girl whipped her head back surprised that those who were chasing her were not there but she knew they had not gone. 'They're lurking somewhere.'

Huge round eyes stared widely at the three hunters.

"Answer girl. Who or what are you?" This time, a deep booming voice had her attention snapping to Beyond Netero. He observed her demeanor but strangely, it seemed that the girl was of no threat at all.

"I... I'm part of the voyage to the new world."

The burning fire echoed crackling sounds in the walls of the cave they sheltered in. The smoke smelled of roasted fish from the gigantic, exotic purple colored mutation of a milk fish Beyond caught from the river. The girl sat quietly by the fire, hugging her knees to her chest. Her lilac colored hair looked pale orange from the light of the fire, fell in a thin curtain covering her face.