Memories

>3rd POV<

The enter house was sullen and quiet. A week passed since the news of Marcus's passing, then another, and another. Nina had stayed in her room the entire time, and the akatsuki and her friends, who had moved in with her to comfort her, never heard a peep.

Inside the room that belonged to Nina Jentz, the dark girl sat in the middle of her floor, hugging her Kisame plushy tightly as she looked at all the texts and pictures she shared with her elder brother. She said nothing. Her skin had become even more pale from the lack of sunlight as she kept her curtains drawn and windows shut. She was even more thin from eating very little. She had black bags under her eyes from sleep deprivation.

The akatsuki, Jody, Alex, and Sam all sat in the living room, extremely worried for the depressed girl upstairs.

Then, a certain shark man stood, leaving the room without a word. He went upstairs and slowly turned the doorknob to Nina's room. The girl he saw was not the same cool, collected Nina he had first met. This Nina was weak, broken, vulnerable, and it made his heart wrench painfully.

"Nina, you should come out for a bit." He said, voice oddly soft considering the depth of his vocal cords.

"No..." Nina whispered back, uncharacteristically gentle as she shook her head.

"Everyone misses you..." Kisame continued, taking a step into he room. He saw her holding the plushy of him tightly, and felt a small amount of happiness in his heart before pushing the emotion away.

Nina simply hummed numbly.

Kisame crouched in front of her, waving his blue tinted hand before her grey eyes. She ignored him, glassy eyes transfixed on the virtual image of Marcus and herself at the Grand Canyon.

Kisame wondered what he could do, finally settling on taking the phone from her hands and scooping her up. He noticed that she no longer blushed when he picked her up or held her, and his heart twanged sadly. He carried her from the room and down the many halls before sliding open a door and throwing her into her own pool.

She resurfaced, sputtering and shocked, before her surprise was soon replaced with rage.

"What the hell was that for?!" She yelled angrily. "The water's freezing!"

"It's not nearly as cold as you're acting." He responded with a frown, making her freeze. "I understand you miss your brother, but getting all depressed about it isn't going to bring him back. You need to accept that he's gone, do something to remember him by, and move on. I'm not saying forget, but move on. The only thing you're accomplishing by acting this way is making everyone else feel so uncomfortable, no one can speak."

Nina blinked in surprise as she realized the large man before her was right.

"I'm... I'm sorry Kisame." She muttered, ashamed. "You're absolutely right."

He smiled softly and held out his hand, helping her out of the water before hugging her tightly. Before she looked away, he caught sight of the blush rising onto her face, which made him smile.

"It's fine, just cheer up." He grinned, ruffling her hair as he pulled away. She looked up at him and gave a smile of her own before wrapping her arms around his waist and hugging him, something she'd never done before.

Kisame mulled over the pros and cons of what he wanted to do, and decided that it was worth any bad outcome. So he pulled away, took her chin between his thumb and pointer finger, and tilted her head up to him before he bent down to kiss her. Her soft lips on his sent an incredible fluttering feeling shoot through his chest. He loved the feeling and didn't want it to stop.