c h a p t e r • t w o

[unedited]

" You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."

c h a p t e r • t w o

DEVANSH froze, I almost thought that he noticed something off and felt the hair on my body stand until his frozen face morphed into one of the biggest smiles I've ever seen on him.

I'd even call it cute, but I know that if I said it out loud, the smile wouldn't be in effect and instead I'd get an Alpha-male wanting to showcase his dominance. Not that I couldn't handle a challenge because both him and I are already aware of that my pheromones are stronger than his by a small margin.

That's when I felt a small tap on my shoulder, catching my attention. I turned my head slightly and glanced at another tall male, even taller than me and Devansh and that's something impressive since I'm 6'3 tall and Devansh is 6'4. He must've been around 6'7.

But after that, what caught my attention was the pair of chocolate brown colored eyes that stared into mine. The depth in those eyes made it feel as if I could be sucked whole and make me fall endlessly.

Sucked whole.

Sucked whole?

I shook my thoughts away and smiled awkwardly. " What is it?"

The brown haired male glanced quickly towards Devansh before looking back again to me. " Hey, you're Atharv Vaughn right?" I nodded in reply, confirming his question.

" It's a pleasure to meet you Atharv, I am Lachlan Bhatt and I believe we're seat partners?" He reached out his hand, and before I could reach out mine as well he went straight to the bait and grabbed my hand steadily and shook it rather politely. It came as a surprise that he didn't wait for permission.. But whatever, he's a promising business partner.

" Of course you guys are seat partners," a voice from behind me spoke out, " I hope you're capable of reading seat charts or else I'd be concerned about whether you used connections or pure intelligence to enter this school." Devansh walked dangerously close, and I could sense a hint of an authoritative pheromone dwindling in the air. Lachlan grew a bit pale, but forced out a smile nevertheless.

That idiot Devansh was he putting Lachlan under his pressure? I looked towards Devansh in hopes to make him stop the silliness. But Devansh ignored my look and kept making Lachlan paler with each second that passed by. The smile Lachlan tried to hold fell quickly and what replaced it was a meeting of two teeth rows grinding against each other.

I sent a wave of my pheromones towards Devansh, interrupting him from his daze. Which proved itself to work, since the clearness in Devansh eyes dulled slightly before looking towards me and Lachlan's once pale demeanor was slowly but surely getting the tanned color back.

I was hoping that that would be the end of it, but no sane Alpha would give up on showcasing their dominance.

" Oh Devansh I heard the rumors that you glued yourself to a remarkable Alpha, to the point where you used connections to make it possible? I wasn't sure before and had to see it for myself but ah I suppose it was true." A shorter female with red wavy hair walked up behind Lachlan and held into Lachlan as he was recovering back his strength from the previous incident. I recognized her as Kyra Agrawal.

Kyra Agrawal, an Alpha of our generation that already had a head start into business as she had already started her own company a couple months ago without the backing of her family. She currently has a rocky relationship with her family for wanting to make a company where all the employers would be Omegas. I can understand where her family is coming from since Omegas require protection and more days of freedom for their heat that comes one week each month, which could end up stabbing the company where it hurts - the economy.

But I can't say whether she's admirable or plain blind. Creating the first company that only hires Omegas? She'd get thousands of support from those who cherishes Omegas. She might even get some very good business deals due to many elite Alphas being paired to Omegas. But that is if she does it correctly in a way that will not result in more losses than wins. I will have to wait a couple of weeks before deciding whether she will be useful or not.

Back again to the situation at hand, Devansh was glaring at Kyra and I knew that if I didn't step forward this would turn into something much worse. I took a breath and was about to end it all but Lachlan beat me to it.

" Kyra don't speak nonsense in front of Devansh, we shouldn't behave this way. It's improper of us to continue this as Alphas, you can see," Lachlan glanced behind him carefully, and the rest of us followed his glance to see the rest of our classmates sitting on their seats and watching the show that was occurring in front of them with great interest. " we've gathered quite the public," Lachlan finished.

" I'll show you imp-" Before Devansh could finish his sentence I allowed my pheromones to break free and interrupt him.

" Stop it."

I filled the room with my dominance and everyone froze. The air conditioner of the room seemed to fail working momentarily as the temperature dropped several degrees. Shivers were running through everyone's bodies back and forth, all over,  as their brains were blaring out alarms after alarms of the threat that surrounded their whole bodies and even seeped through their organs to their bones and made them immobile. It threatened to make them submit to its creator. And Alphas never submit.

Luckily most here were elite Alphas otherwise there would be bodies spread out all over the floor by now - the pressure was just that strong.

But a second later, I controlled the pheromones to enter my body again and then I buried it inside me under several locks and shackles - and as if nothing ever happened I smiled politely towards Kyra and Lachlan who stood in front of me and were trembling with pale faces but I ignored that, no Alpha likes to be pointed out. Then I opened my mouth to speak.

" Kyra Agrawal, Lachlan Bhatt, It's been a very interesting conversation this far and I apologize for my companion's behavior. I hope we can survive these four years together without much struggles."

Kyra and Lachlan looked towards each other, as if trying to reach an agreement - which they did since a moment after they looked back.

" Yes of course Atharv," Kyra replied before helping Lachlan up the stairs to his seat. But at this moment not only did Lachlan lean towards her, Kyra used Lachlan as a pillar as well to lean on.

When their backs were facing me, I threw a glance at the crowd that was still focused on me. Everyone were pale.  Nevertheless they quickly understood the meaning behind my glance and started busying themselves with what they were doing previously. The once frozen classroom was now much more warmer, friendlier and looked a lot more like a regular classroom compared to moments before. No one would believe it if you told them that a single Alpha in this classroom had made all the elites freeze with his pheromones only seconds before.
Only a few of the plenty elites could accomplish that and most of them had already made world class companies...

Afterwards I turned to Devansh who was staring at his feet like a child who had been treated unfairly.

•••