Update

It was three months later, and Elliot had healed physically and was starting to heal emotionally and mentally. Him and Olivia had weekly therapy appointments with Dr. Lindstrom and Elliot was finally opening up about his childhood and his dad. He wasn't as afraid of vulnerability, and Olivia being by his side and supporting him really helped in confronting his inner demons. 

Olivia had moved in with Elliot in New Jersey. The daily commute to and from NYC for work wasn't bad at all seeing how it was just about an hour drive. Eli stayed with Elliot and Olivia every other week and Olivia was extremely happy with her little family. She even got to see Elliot's other children over dinner one night, with Kathy there as well. She was so amazed to see everyone grown up and she was glad that herself, Elliot and Kathy were all able to remain friends. 

Olivia had nightmares every once in a while and PTSD episodes but with Elliot's support she was able to recover relatively quick. However, she was a bit too dependent on him. Olivia was depressed when he was gone but she was working with Dr. Lindstrom on how to be happy on her own. Happiness comes from within, after all, and he often challenged her to spend time by herself. Olivia had recently taken up painting, a new hobby which helped relax and take her mind off of things. 
In therapy she was also working on self-love and compassion. She felt everything was her fault but it wasn't...the victim is never to blame. 

Olivia was finally back working cases again. She had taken more time off of work to focus on her mental health but felt ready to get back to fighting for justice for victims of sexual assault and abuse. It was her calling, what she was good at, and what gave her hope. Sure, the cases were sometimes brutal and devastating, but getting the bad guys and solving crimes made it worth it. Olivia never even considered another job because she was where she was meant to be. 

Despite all of the trauma, Olivia was thriving, she was content, she was happy. She was with the man of her dreams, the one she had fallen in love with the very first time they met. Sometimes she was afraid Elliot would walk away from her again but she knew better. So much growth had happened over the years, heck, over the past few months. Olivia was recovering from her past, was learning to live in the moment, and was excited and hopeful for her future. 

She was alive. 

She was in love. 

She was loved. 

She was free. 

She was strong.

She was okay. 

And that's all she ever wanted to be for so long.