Chapter 9.

I sit by the toilet and sigh as my long auburn hair is held back by a high ponytail. I wipe my mouth and rub my tired and crying eyes as I remain seated on the ground. "Hey Faith?" I hear a knock come from the door, it's Kenny.

"I'll be out in a second, Kenny." I tell him as I slowly get up and wipe my hands off on my overalls. I open the door and he gives me a worried look.

"You don't look too good." He tells me, and I playfully smack his shoulder.

"Is that something you should say to a woman?" I tease him, and he chuckles before shaking his head.

"Seriously though, you feeling alright?" He follows me back to the yard where we've been fixing the flower beds and enhancing the garden. I nod as my work boots fall into the heaps of mulch and soil.

"Yeah, I'm fine, just think I ate something funny." I tell him, not being sure if that's the truth or not. I start picking up mulch and placing it around the flowers and bushes, covering the soil. "Can you start filling those holes with some of the other flowers and then we can mulch it too."

Kenny nods, "You sure you want to keep working? I don't want you to make yourself sick again." He tells me, a worried expression all over his young face.

I nod, "I'm fine, Kenny. I promise." The young man nods as he gets to the assigned task and begins finishing our chores in the garden. "I guess your suspension worked out. You missed the last week of school."

Kenny laughs, "It was all part of the plan." He tells me, knowing that he finished his exams before he fought Derek.

I smirk, "You definitely got your father's brain. Your good looks definitely came from your mom, not your caveman father."

The young man shakes his head, letting out another laugh. "He is kind of caveman looking, isn't it? Rough on the edges."

I chuckle, "He could look worse!" I defend my boyfriend and Kenny laughs along with me.

"I never thought he'd be this happy again." Kenny says to me, and I smile over at him, "Or the rest of us, but you fit in perfectly in our family and we're happy to have ya'." Kenny tells me, and I feel my heart pounding full of love and happiness.

I grin and look over at him, "I'm happy to be here, kid."

---

"How's Faith doing?" Bobby asks me as we work on a car together. I shrug, thinking she's doing alright. "It's been over a month now, hasn't it?"

"Yeah, she's doing alright, I guess. She doesn't talk much about it anymore, I think she's trying to focus on other parts of life." I admit, happy that she hasn't been focused on her mom's death. I can't believe it's been over a month since Jess has passed away; it surely doesn't feel that way.

I hear a truck pull in and I smile noticing that it's Faith. I watch as she parks the large vehicle and gets out, Kenny following her as she walks over to me. Kenny is holding a large brown bag and Faith is holding a bag of cans. I raise my eyebrow and Bobby chuckles, "Your woman comes bearing food."

"Hey dad, we brought some food." Kenny calls out to me, "We got burgers and fries for the shop and some drinks." He says as he sets the large bag down on the picnic table.

"Hey kid." Bobby goes over to the growing young-man and messes up his hair, "Bring your favourite uncle two burgers?"

Kenny laughs, "You bet ya'." He jokes with his uncle and I watch as Bobby opens the bag and retrieves some food for himself, as well as a drink. He kisses Faith's cheek and thanks her before walking into the clubhouse to eat and spread the news.