Chapter 10.

I look over to Opie nervously and he reaches to my hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. "It's going to be fine." He tells me, knowing what's racing through my mind. "We will be fine." It's been a couple of weeks since my frequent sickness, and Opie finally talked some sense into me to make an appointment to clear this up once and for all. It's been almost two months since I've been back in Charming, and my life has done a complete 180. I begin to tremble and Opie sighs, removing his hand from mine and wrapping it around my shoulders before he presses a kiss against my temple. "Babe, you need to relax."

I nod and take a deep breath. "Faith Ray?" I look up and see a nurse standing by the door. I stand up slowly and Opie follows, holding my hand protectively. "Is this your husband?" she asks, looking up to Opie.

I clear my throat and nod, "My partner." I correct her. She nods and opens the door for us before leading us down a narrow hallway.

She brings us to our assigned room and directs me to take a seat on the bed. "Dr. Lynn will be in shortly. If you need anything, don't hesitate to call for one of us. There's a washroom across the hall for you to use if needed."

I nod, "Thank you." I look back to Opie, panic in my eyes. "I can't believe this is happening." I tell him with a sigh. His eyebrows knit together, and he gives me a confused look, "We haven't even been dating for more than a month, I haven't even lived here for two, and we're seeing if I'm pregnant or not. We don't even live together, people are going to think that I'm some kind of wh-"

"Fuck what other people think, Faith. There's no one on this planet that knows you as well as I do, and vice versa. We're supposed to be together, and if this turns out being true, then we'll figure it out and take it a day at a time. No one important is going to think less of you." He tells me before a knock comes from the door.

A slender woman walks in, her dark hair streaked with gray and she gives us a friendly smile. "Faith Ray, welcome. I'm Doctor Lynn. You must be?" She asks Opie as she extends her hand to him.

"Opie Winston, her partner."

The doctor smiles, "A pleasure to meet you, Opie. Now, I believe we're here for a pregnancy test?" She asks. We both nod, and she gets her tools in place to confirm our suspicion. "How long have you two been together?" She asks, creating conversation.

"Only a couple of months now, but we were together for three years back in the day." Opie tells her, "Childhood friends, and all that shit." He says, instantly apologizing for swearing. "I'm sorry, Doc, that just slipped."

She laughs, "Don't apologize." She fixes her glasses and smiles at me. "Well, you both seem very lucky to have each other." She says as she continues to get her equipment ready. "We're going to do a blood and urine test because we usually can't do an ultrasound until the 10-week mark." Dr. Lynn explains to us. "I'm assuming you're good with needles?" She tells me, chuckling at my collection of tattoos.

I laugh with her, "As good as I can be, I suppose." She nods, and before I know it, she's drawing blood. Once she's done, she gives me a cup.

"I'll need you to fill that cup and then bring it back to me. We'll get it tested immediately, and then we'll give you your results. I'll send off your blood samples while you're working on that." I nod and stand up, taking the cup with me across the washroom.

I close the door behind me and take a deep breath, doing my best to calm down and try to not panic as I sit on the toilet. "It's okay, you'll be fine. Everything happens for a reason, and it's not like Opie is a stranger." I tell myself, feeling the anxiety build more and more as we get closer to figuring out this mess.