Surprises

The next day, unsure if he had made the right decision, Noah walked towards the locker room at The Next Step. He rubbed his nose nervously, and bit his lip, knowing he'd have to explain why he missed yesterday's rehearsal, to Richelle and Piper. He also knew he needed to tell Richelle about his meeting at Ratz yesterday, but he needed to pick a good time. Noah looked up once he entered the locker room, but in there, wasn't who he expected to see. 

He instantly took half a step back, "What are you doing here?"

Jacquie looked from behind a locker door and was just as surprised to see Noah, as he was to see her. They both froze nervously. Their restraining order clearly stated that Jacquie was not allowed at The Next Step when Noah was there. Jacquie sighed and closed the locker door, "Sorry. I didn't think you'd be here today. You're not scheduled in." She looked at the floor and bit her lip.

He managed to keep calm, "I've just come to speak to someone about something. Why are you here?"

She looked up, thought about it, then replied, "To dance, I guess..." Jacquie didn't seem so sure of herself. Her confident attitude was nowhere to be seen. 

Wait, to dance? How on earth had Jacquie physically hurt him, smashed up the office in studio 1, and been taken in a police car, yet was still allowed to be here?

Noah put his hands on his head, "No... How?"

Jacquie sighed, "My parents are lawyers Noah..."

He dropped his arms to his sides, "There is no way anyone is allowing this."

Jacquie rolled her shoulders back, "No one's seen me yet

Jacquie rolled her shoulders back, "No one's seen me yet. Apart from Kenzie yesterday. We used to go to the same-"

"I don't care." Noah was meaningfully harsh with his interruption. He wondered what was going to happen at the studio now that Jacquie was there. He thought about Richelle. There's no way Richelle would want to stay now Jacquie was back. 

Jacquie leant over the bench and pulled her water bottle from the floor. Noah watched her and tried to work out what her purpose was. She seemed completely different - a lot calmer and almost like the girl he first had a crush on. Jacquie managed to maintain the same, almost apologetic expression, on her face, until she remembered something. Smirking, the malicious version of Jacquie quickly came back out for everyone to see, "Do you like my uncle?"

Noah was confused why she was changing the subject to something so random. He stared at her and made his brain start working, "Your uncle? I've never met him I don't think."

Jacquie looked from side to side, then spoke to him as if it were obvious, "Hector Ratz..."

Noah felt himself go very cold as he realised what this whole situation had become. He felt himself shrink and be stomped on by not just Jacquie, but her uncle too. His first thought was how he had agreed to sign a contract to leave The Next Step for a year, so he could potentially work with Justin Timberlake, and be attached to Ratz. He realised that by leaving TNS, Jacquie had no reason to be kept away from the studio, other than the office vandalism that no one had evidence of because there were no cameras in studio A. This whole talent scout thing had been a plot just to get Jacquie reinstated at TNS.