-16-

(Trigger Warning)

3rd Person POV

Jungkook stood outside the small house. It was in really bad shape. Some of the windows were cracked, the siding was rotted and falling off in some places. He checked the address again. Yes, this was it but why would Taehyung be here of all places?

"There's no time to question it." He said, running up the sidewalk.

The front door was locked and no one answered when he knocked. He went around back, looking for any kind of window he could climb in. He found one on the first floor. It was cracked so he had no choice but to knock the rest of it out.

Stepping into the dimly lit house, Jungkook was hit with the strong smell of metal.

"What the hell is that smell?"

The floors were nasty and stained. Trash and debris lay scattered. The only light was coming from the front of the house.

Jungkook crept toward the light, making the floorboards creak no matter how slow he walked.

The light was coming from a small lantern. A sticky note was attached to the switch.

'We're not afraid of the dark, we're afraid of what's hiding amongst it." 

There was one room left in the house. This room must be the kitchen since he hadn't seen one anywhere else. The only problem was, it was enveloped in a sheet of darkness.

Jungkook reached his hand in the room, gliding it along the wall. Finally, his hand hit a switch. Light flooded the room, revealing what had been hiding in the dark.

Jungkook froze.

No. This couldn't be happening.

There, in front of him, was Tae. But not the Tae Jungkook had known.

This Taehyung was slouched in the corner. His wrists were covered with fresh cuts. A bloody knife was laying on the floor next to him. But the thing that shocked him most was the heart. No not the human heart. But the heart that was carved in place of his real one.

Taehyung had taken a knife and carved a heart into his chest. Blood poured out of the wound, filling the air with the strong scent of metal.

"Jungkook-?" The bleeding boy muttered.

"Taehyung!" Jungkook sprinted over to him. "What- What did you do?"

Warm tears spilled down Jungkook's cheeks. Taehyung coughed, nothing but blood. His eyelids fluttered. Jungkook cradled his ex-lover's head in his lap. He tried to explain everything that had happened, choking on his tears while doing so until Taehyung interrupted him.

"Jungkook- you hurt me more, because I loved you the most."

Time stopped. Taehyung's breathing slowed, deepened. His eyelids closed and his body went limp.

That's when- When Jungkook knew he was dead.