Chapter Three

Hello it's future me again...I hope you enjoy the edits I'm making 😀
      Peter was using every bone, every muscle in his body, to keep himself from spilling his guts into the trash can placed on his lap. Pepper runs a hand through his hair and kisses the top of his head in reassurance. This feels like Peter's worst nightmare. Throwing up in front of his class is one thing—but Pepper? She's like the epitome of professional and put together.
       Even though Peter knows her—he's literally sitting in her lap—does not mean he wants to blow chunks in front of her.
      "It's okay Peter." Pepper assures. "The trash can is there for a reason, we all understand." Peter doesn't think he could hold it down anymore, he finally gives out and starts coughing into the bin. Pepper didn't even flinch, she just continues to rub his back and whisper soothing things in his ear. "Let it all out." She soothes. Once he's done and is left dry heaving in the trash can, Pepper takes her handkerchief and wipes his eyes and face.
      "Feel better?" Tony asks. Oh right, Tony was still there.
      "A-a little bit." Peter says shakily. That was a total lie, he still feels awful and now he's 10 times more embarrassed than he was before.
      "That's good, I'm almost done with the coding. Then spangles here can pry open the doors, they won't budge otherwise." Tony says smoothly. Peter sniffles and looks up at Pepper.
      "This sucks." He states sadly. "I should of just stayed home and slept."
       "I'm glad you didn't." Tony argues. "I know for a fact May isn't home and I doubt you would have told any of us you were feeling sick."
      "That's not helping anything, Tones." Pepper argues back." Why don't you lay down?" She turns her attention back to Peter. Almost everyone in the elevator was sitting down. The elevator had more than enough room. Peter just nods and moves so he can lay his head on Pepper's lap. She runs a hand through his hair, her professionally done acrylics feel like heaven on his scalp.
      "I don't want to get surgery." Peter mumbles the one thought that's been plaguing his mind since he found out what's wrong.
       "I know." Pepper sighs. This is a shitty situation, when will Peter ever catch a break?
      "Don't worry, kiddo. I have Cho on her way here, and Brucie is prepping the MedBay. We'll take good care of you." Tony reassures.
      "B-But I-" Peter's eyes start welling with tears. Could this get any more embarrassing?
      "Just relax, baby." Pepper comforts letting the pet name slip. "You're not going to be alone. We'll be with you the whole time."
      "B-But you're busy, a-and I don't want to be a bother." He says quietly.
      "You could never be a bother." Pepper says sternly. "We love having you here, and we love you. Don't ever think you're a bother, Peter." This kid is so precious it makes Pepper's heart hurt.
      "Hey guys," Tony's voice intrudes once again ,"try and stand clear of the doors, I think I got it." He finishes. Pepper smooths back Peter's sweaty bangs.
      "Got it." Pepper replies. And soon enough, the lights flicker and the elevator dings. They wait a moment, then the see the doors start to open. Only a few seconds later, they see Cap standing through the, now open, elevator doors. The students file out, and leave only Peter and Pepper behind. Tony walks over to the two, and kneels down. He smiles sadly at the boy and places a hand on his shoulder, rubbing his thumb across it soothingly.
      "Hey Petey." He says quietly, well aware of the young heroes super senses. "Is it okay if I take you down to the MedBay?"
      "Mr Stark." Peter whines.
      "You're alright Pete." He soothes. "We're gonna take good care of you, promise." Tony slides his arms under Peter's back and knees, then stands up. Peter immediately leans into his chest. Tony presses a tender kiss to the crown of Peter's head and begins to make his way to the MedBay. "FRIDAY alert Helen and tell her we're on our way."
      "Will do, Sir." FRIDAY responds.
Thanks for reading. Please request!
-XOXO spiderxmarvel