Chapter Seven

(2 days later)
Peter's surgery went well, and he was given the okay to try walking. Tony was standing at Peter's bedside and Peter was starting to get nervous.
"What if I can't do it?" Peter asks Tony nervously.
"Then we'll try again another time. No big deal." Tony says with a shrug. But it is a big deal. Peter didn't want to seem weak anymore, he's already done that enough in the past few days. If he can't even take a few steps, how will he be able to stop bad guys? "Relax, kiddo, I can hear your thoughts running a mile a minute." Tony says. "I believe in you."
"I-I..." Peter nervously stutters out. "I don't wanna feel week." He finally says, not looking his mentor in the eye.
"Peter you are not weak." Tony disagrees. "Even superheroes need time to recover. Those doctors had to cut through three stomach muscles to get to your appendix. Three, Peter. No one can just be fine after a couple hours of bed rest." Tony takes a seat next to Peter and wraps his arm around the boy. "You should at least try. If you fall, I'll be there to catch you." Tony kisses Peter's soft curls. "Always."
"Okay." Peter breathes. "I-I'll try." Tony stands up and moves Peter so he's sitting up at the edge of the bed. Tony grabs Peter's waste and hoists him into a standing position. He winces at the pain that still lies in his abdomen. Tony kisses Peter's hairline and holds him against his chest.
"You're doing so good." Tony praises. "I'm proud of you."
"Still hurts." Peter says with tears in his eyes.
"Yea Brucie said that's normal. You're still healing." Tony says while grabbing the IV stand and handing it to Peter. "I want you to hold into this, and try walking."
"O-Okay." Peter stutters. Tony wipes the tears away from Peter's eyes.
"We can try again later if it hurts too much." Tony says comforting.
"No. I-I need to do this." Peter says semi-confidentially. He takes a hold of the cold metal pole and looks up at Tony. Tony just holds his arms out for support. Peter takes a deep breath and takes a tiny step forward. Its small, but it counts.
"Good job, can you take another one?" Tony praises.
"I-I'll try." Peter takes another shuffling step forward, stumbling a little bit in the process. As promised, Tony is there to steady and reassure him.
"Okay, let's try that again." He encourages. "If we can make it to the other end of the hallway," Tony gestures to the wall 25 feet away from them ,"You can choose any two movies and snacks for our movie night tonight. Disney movies included." Peter perks up at the offer and nods his head. "I'm gonna help you 'cus that's a pretty far walk." Peter nods and grabs Tony's hand with his free one. Tony's other hand is near Peter's on the IV post. Peter takes an uncertain first step, Tony keeping the same pace beside him. Peter lets out a small breath and takes another, and another. He's only a few feet from the wall after a few more steps, but the pain in his stomach is getting stronger. He lets out a whimper and falls into Tony's side.
" 'm sorry." He says with tears running down his face.
"Hey, hey." Tony says while rubbing his hand up and down Peter's spine. "You did so good. I think that you can choose the movies, but I get to choose the snacks." Tony amends. He hoists Peter onto his hip, knowing he wouldn't be able to walk back to his room, and grabs the IV pole with his free hand.
"Hurts." Peter mumbles.
"Relax buddy." Tony says comfortingly. "On the bright side, Brucie told me he can take out your IV today. Now we can finally get you into some nice, comfy PJs. Steve bought matching Ironman onesies for you and Bailey." He added with a chuckle.
"Sounds nice." Peter says with a happy sigh.

T H E E N D

Thank you so much for reading! I really hope you liked this fic and please request other stories.
XOXO spiderxmarvel