Chapter Four

You're welcome for getting rid of all the typos 🙏🏻
Once the trio arrives at the MedBay, Peter's eyes start to fill with tears and he hides his face in Tony's shirt. Tony notices the sudden wetness on his chest and looks down at the teenager in his arms. When he does, he sees Peter's shaking body while he silently cries.
"Deep breaths Pete, it's okay." He gently rocks the kid in his arms, trying to soothe his cries. Tony would do anything to never see Peter cry again, the sight alone breaks his heart.
       "Please don't make me do it." Peter begs. "Pl-please. I-It already hurts. No surgery please." Peter doesn't care how desperate he sounds at this point. He's scared and tired and embarrassed and just wants to go home.
"Hey, hey it's alright." Tony cradles Peter's head against his chest protectively. "It's okay to be scared."
"I c-can't go t-to sleep." Peter says shakily.
"Care to elaborate?" Tony asks confusedly.
"M-my metabolism. A-anesthesia doesn't work!" Peter exclaims.
"Okay, that's okay." Tony responds. "We'll figure something out." Tony looks up at his lab partner and grimaces. "Any ideas Brucie?"
"I do." The scientist replays sadly. "But you may not like them."
"Let's hear 'em." Tony commands.
"Well we could just do the procedure without putting him to sleep." Bruce suggests.
"You want to have him awake?" Pepper asks shocked. Tony tightens his grip on the trembling child beneath him.
"I can't put him through that pain." Tony says quietly. "There has to be something else."
"We don't have enough time to make a stronger anesthesia, but we do have some enhanced painkillers. We could numb his body from the chest down, put up a curtain so he doesn't see what's happening, and keep him calm. Kind of like a C-section." Bruce explains.
"Will he be able to feel anything?" Tony asks nervously.
"He will be coherent throughout the operation, but the only thing he'll really feel is the pressure. It won't be the best thing in the world, but it's the best option we have. Because I really do not want to use the restraints on him." Bruce states.
"Okay." Tony breathes. "How does that sound Petey?" Tony asks the teenager quietly.
" 'm scared Mr Stark." Peter whines.
"I know, buddy. I know." Tony says understandingly. "But I won't leave your side, I'll be there through it all."
"And I'll be right here waiting for you ." Pepper adds. "We won't let anything happen to you."
"Although I do have to warn you Peter." Bruce starts. "The painkillers will dampen your powers, so things might feel weird."
"Well now I can hold your hand without you breaking it." Tony says jokingly.
"Let's go get you prepped." Bruce says to Peter. Peter nods and lets Tony carry him to a small room—truthfully he doesn't think he could walk right now anyways. Bruce takes a hospital gown out of a cabinet and hands it to Peter with a smile. "I want you to put this on, nothing underneath it. I'm going to go tell Helen what the plan is." Peter takes the gown with shaky fingers and thanks the doctor, before Bruce walks out of the room.
"C-Can you help me please?" Peter asks quietly gesturing to the gown.
"Of course we can." Pepper responds sweetly. Pepper helps Peter slide off his shirt while Tony holds him steady. She then helps him into the gown, before sliding off his jeans and boxers. Once Peter is fully changed he relaxes on the bed next to Tony, while Pepper folds his clothes. Tony runs his hand up and down Peter's spine while planting soft kisses into his hair.
"You're so brave Pete." Tony praises. "So proud of you." Peter lets out a shaky breath and leans into the comforting tough of his mentor, trying to prepare himself for what's to come.

Thanks for reading!
xoxo spiderxmarvel