:Conflict Nine:

The heavy feeling inside my chest won't leave. How many times I tried to get it out, it would just get heavier. Neli noticed my uneasiness but did not ask about it. He was just there watching me feel the excruciating pain of being rejected by my brothers. Though he only watched, he couldn't see me like this.

"Rin." He cooed. "Everything will be alright."

I nodded, a tear falling from each of my eyes. "I know."

Neli's paw landed on my cheek, soothing the sadness I was feeling. He kept on rubbing his soft paw on my cheek until I fell asleep, and I woke up abruptly while someone was banging on my door. I have no idea who it was but I don't want to create any more trouble so I stood up and slowly opened the door, opening enough for me to see the face of the person.

He was short with dark green hair and beautiful blue eyes. But his beautiful features greatly contradicts with his expression he's currently wearing. He was a few inches shorter so I was looking down on him, making him more irritated.

He glowered. "Dinner's ready."

I nodded. "I'll be out in a sec."

Daiki-kun walked away, turning around after glaring at me. I have no idea why he's treating me like that, but I have no intention of asking him. I'll just ignore him. But the glares he'd been sending since day one were getting intense. The more he glared, the more I get uncomfortable inside the house.

They have drawn the line since the beginning, I realized that too late. The moment they laid their eyes on me, they already hated me. I felt the heaviness and I can't breath.

After a moment of breathing exercises, I went downstairs to the dining room. The room was silent, which was usual, but this time was different. The atmosphere was heavy, it was suffocating.

"Ah, Rin-chan." Setsuko-san beamed. "Have a seat. They'll be serving dinner now."

The younger maids made their entrance, trays with the different dishes in their hands. One by one, they placed the dishes on the table, then stood at the sides right after, waiting for us to ask then for something. The older maid stood right behind the eldest Kinoshita at this moment who was Setsuko-san. Jiro-san was busy with work and so wasn't able to make it for dinner. With us on the dining table were the young Kinoshitas.

Sure enough I ate what was on my plate, but I ate just a little amount as my stomach can't digest the food. I kept my head bent low, staring at my food and never raised my head to look at my stepbrothers. The dinning area was silent and it was painful. The silence was excruciatingly painful and I couldn't speak up to ease the pain for I know they'll shut me down once I open my mouth.

It was like this for how many days. I tried to speak to at least one of them. But before I could even utter a word, I instantly closed my mouth and turned around to walk the other way. I had no guts even though I wished to gain their acceptance. I immediately fear their glares before they could even see me.

Whenever I could sense their presence, I'd hide. Whenever I'd bump into them, I'd also hide. Actually, I'd just stay inside my room and do nothing. When I say do nothing, I meant dwell in self-hate and self-pity. Mama would call at times and ask how I was doing, I'd tell her I was fine and I was having fun here. I know what I'm saying was a lie but this is happening because of me so I have no right to tell her anything. I have to face my problem head on.

"Rin." Neli placed her paw on my cheek. I was lying down on my bed, once again dwelling in self-hate and self-pity. "You can't keep acting like this forever. You'll die like this."

I sat up, sighing as I stared at my hands that were resting on my blanketed lap. "That's too over the wall, Neli but I do get where you are going." I shook my head. "I know I can't be like this forever. I need to do something."