:Conflict Twelve:

Neli was at my bed with a carrot stick stuck on his mouth, quietly nibbling on it as I sat on my bed, full attention on my window. I stared at the setting sun and waited for dinner to be finally announced by the maids.

Earlier I had the youngest Kinoshita glare at me. The glare sent me crying on the inside because I half expected for Mamoru-kun to accept me even if I'm just a playmate. But I guess my presence was not needed earlier and I could feel all the hate thrown at me by Mamoru-kun.

As I quietly watched the sun, a knock suddenly told me that dinner's ready. I approached the door in haste and opened to reveal one of the young maids. "Dinner's ready, Rin-sama."

I nodded and followed the maid to the dining area. Around the table were Setsuko-san, Kenji-san, Kai-san, Miyato-kun, and Daiki-kun. But everywhere I look, I can't seem to see the youngest. I took my usual seat and had my head bent low, looking straight at an empty plate that's right in front of me.

"Why do I have to eat with her?" Yelled a very familiar voice behind the big door of the dining area.

Setsuko-san, in his seat, had his hand on his temple, massaging it to lessen the pain he was feeling from hearing the shriek of their youngest sibling. "There he goes again."

As everyone relaxed on their seats, ignoring the usual tantrum of the youngest Kinoshita, Mamoru-kun entered with the eldest maid holding him by his arm, forcing him to enter the dining room.

"Let go off me," He fought the strong hold of the maid as she forced him to sit down. "I said let go of me!"

"You will eat or I'll ground you." And finally Mamoru-kun sat down, pouting.

As everyone finally settled in their seats, Setsuko-san ordered the younger maids to bring the food out. Then, with his hands clasped together on the table, he had his eyes set on Mamoru-kun with a disappointed look.

"So," He started. "what's wrong this time?"

Mamoru-kun was not looking at Setsuko-san, rather he kept his hed turned to the other side as he kept his lips in a pout.

"Mamoru," He warned. "What's wrong this time?"

The warning tone from the second eldest was enough for the youngest to stop his tantrum. Mamoru-kun faced Setsuko-san fully with a deep frown. I could see his invisible ears droop down if he were ever a dog.

"My friends were stolen from me." He mumbled more to himself but his volume was enough for all of us to hear. "They didn't want to play with me anymore."

Setsuko-san sighed. "Why'd you think that?"

As the maids entered the dining room, the room was silent, so silent that it was deafening. My head was then raised, my eyes looking around the dining area. Then, as I relaxed a bit, I froze. The tense feeling slowly crept in as Mamoru-kun glared at me.

"She," He pointed at me. "stole my friends from me."

"What?" Setsuko-san's eyebrows furrowed deeper as he turned his attention to me.

"She suddenly appeared out of nowhere then suddenly started talking to my friends and suddenly―"

"Could you let Rin-chan explain?" Setsuko-san immediately cut Mamoru-kun, signaling him to stop talking. He removed his annoyed expression from his younger brother then turned to me, his face contorting into a relaxed one but forced. "What does he mean, Rin-chan?"

I suddenly felt anxious when Setsuko-san's attention was finally drawn to me. His eyes held no anger nor any emotion actually but I could feel something else from him. Is it his brotherly role? I'm not sure. What I'm sure was everyone's attention was on me. Their eyes may not be on me but I could feel their ears, waiting for me to speak up.