1. Ricky

My phone has gone off so many times this morning. It's my mother trying to get in contact with me.
I know what you're thinking why am I not answering my moms calls it could be an emergency.
Well, I'll tell you why.
My mom has this thing where every time she calls she tries to set me up with people that she likes. She has this idea that I need to be married by the age of 27 or I have failed at life.
I don't understand why I need to be married I just want to finish college.

I groan as my phone goes off once again. I look at the screen and decided I need to answer. I pick up the phone and close my eyes before hitting the answer button.
I look at my screen and see that I accidentally hit the decline button. I hurry to call her back. I bounce my knee as I wait for her to answer.

Kenzie: "Why haven't you answered any of my calls you little ass?!"
Ricky: "Sorry mom I was napping... and I just woke up. I didn't see where my finger was on the screen."
Kenzie: "Mhmm.. well are you bringing someone to my birthday in 3 weeks?"
Ricky: "Mom I don't have time to date anyone right now can you drop it?"
Kenzie: "Well does that mean I can introduce my friend's daughter to you?"

I groan knowing it's not a question I'm allowed to answer.
We finally end then call after she tells me all about this girl I'm supposed to meet in 3 weeks.

I lay back in my bed and rub my temples until my roommate comes in.
Drew: "Hey dude what's up?"
Ricky: "Drew you have to help me."
Drew: "Why? What happened?"
Ricky: "My mother found someone new I need someone to take to my moms birthday."
Drew: "Okay I've got this covered there is a new website/app. It can help make new friends"

I nod knowing this is my only option. He sits at his desk and opens his laptop.
He has been on this site for 20 minutes until he calls me over. I get up and look at the screen seeing my profile. I nod and lay back down.
I can't believe I have gone this low to depend on the internet to get my mom to stop.

•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•

New story.
Hope you enjoy
Vote and comment