The Red Risk rubber band

There was this hospital that have red rubber bands and green rubber bands.

If the patient is/are dead, the doctors and nurses will apply the red rubber band to the patient's arm.

If the patient was alive, the doctors and nurses will apply the green rubber band to the patient's arm.

Once, there was a doctor that will have to photocopy, so he went to the elevator. When he got to the elevator, he had met a patient. 

The elevator door had opened at the destination where the photocopy will be at the same time his own destination. The elevator door opened and revealed that a patient will enter the elevator. Before the patient could go inside, the doctor immediately hurried to closed the elevator door.

The patient that the doctor had met asked him "Why did you closed the elevator? There was a patient who was about to go in.."

The doctor sighed and replied, "That patient was already dead, because I had seen him with an red risk rubber band. It can't be that our nurses had applied the wrong rubber band. I knew I was seeing dead people around me.."

The doctor said told and explained the things they're doing if the patient had already died and one of it was applying the rubber band.

And then the patient said, "Just like this red rubber band?"